Hoff Webchat: Knight Rider Highlights

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hoff Webchat: Knight Rider Highlights

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:13 am

This morning David Hasselhoff took part in a live web-chat for GMTV. I didn't get to participate (found out too late, and couldn't view it due to an overload of web traffic). Anyway, here are the Knight Rider highlights:
Kul: Is a new Knight Rider movie going to get off the ground? If so, when are we likely to see it, and has a new car been chosen?

David: I don't know. We had it at Revolution studios for a while and they decided they didn't want the car to talk, hello, so we got the movie back from them and we're now at the Weinstein Company and Glen Larsen is writing it and we'll see what happens with him. But I think in the next couple of years.

Petra: Click, Jump in my Car and Making Waves are amazing. What made you want to write the book Making Waves?

David: I wanted to write Making Waves because I had a story to tell and I knew that being Michael Knight was an amazing responsibility that was given to me by God. And I realised that when I met a little boy who passed away of cancer - he was the first sick child I ever met, and he said 'you taught me there was more to life than pain. Go out and see more people' and it became kind of an inspirational message that maybe I got Knight Rider for a reason. Maybe I was chosen over 200 hundred actors to do Michael Knight, maybe that's why I got it so I took Michael Knight, one man can make a difference.

And you can make a difference in people's lives, even if you learn their name. If you learn someone's name, they walk by and think 'God he remembered my name' and it brings a smile to their faces and that smile will come back to you. When I got in trouble, when I started taking my life seriously, all my fans came and rescued me. It was kind of like I tried to save the world but forgot to save myself and that's what the book is about.

Stringfellow Hawke: What is the legacy of Knight Rider and what do you have to say to the fans who have supported you over the last 20 years?

David: The legacy of Knight Rider is 'one man can make a difference' and you can live by that and that's going to go on forever because that's what life's about. You can help another person and when you do it will end up helping you.

David from Surrey: I'm a big fan of yours and Knight Rider. Just wondering, have you kept any props as keepsakes from Knight Rider?

David: Well I have a miniature Knight Rider car! I've got the dash of the car and pretty much all the wardrobe. I try to keep everything, like with Jekyll and Hyde I bought all the clothing and the sets that I did on Broadway. I kept the stuff from Billy Flynn which I did here in the West End but I've got some very special props from Knight Rider. Not the car though, because there really wasn't one car so if you see a car on Ebay saying it's the actual car, it's not because there were nine different cars every day.

Hooded Man: Do you ever see any of your Knight Rider buddies? Will Daniels, Patti MacPherson?

David: I see William Daniels occasionally. I talk to Patricia MacPherson. She is very heavily involved in the Wetlands, in saving the environment. I speak to Peter occasionally because he's a very spiritual guy. I speak to Edward Mohair. I speak to him almost everyday because he passed away and I pray to him every morning.

bluebuzzer69: What's your opinion on remakes of TV classics as films?

David: I think that most of them have been just horrific, except for Knight Rider.

Paul Paget: How much stunt work on Knight Rider did you do?

David: I did a lot of stunt work on Knight Rider. In fact I became a pretty good driver on Knight Rider and started to drive for a while until I turned over a car once and I realised this is a dangerous profession, so I quit.
http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=22705
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;