I was watching the season 1 commentary again yesterday...

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I was watching the season 1 commentary again yesterday...

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:35 pm

And noticed some stuff, #1 is the title isn't there, "Knight of the phoenix" is that cause origanlly it wasn't there since it was a 2 hour movie at first?, and during the whole commentary Glen and David talk about how awesome the pilot was and after the first 13 shows, it wasn"t as great sometimes. David also wants Glen to write the movie cause he is getting old and doesn't want to die before it's made. He said he wants to play the one that is like the Devon type and gets a newer person involved, you know that stuff we all ready know, but it was so cool to hear it again, how much love he has for the show, and at the end he was like "Kitt pick me up we need a new show". I thought in the commentary they talk about the differnce about the "pilot" versus the "presentation", that the pilot is used to sell the show, which is why kitt's nose is flat, and then when they sold the show, they fixed the nose to be what it is today, I don't remeber were that was, I didn't hear that yestersday(was I asleep?) anyone remeber that part about pilot's and presentations?
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:10 pm

As I understood it the Presentation was made first where KITT's nose was flat. As soon as Universal gave Glen the green light they re-filmed it for the pilot. They still used some scenes from the presentation in the pilot that's why you can see KITT with a flat nose in some scenes. I hope that helps.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:55 pm

Yea, do you know were in the commentary that part is said? I watched it the second time and don't recall hearing about that, I heard about the presentation was only 20 minutes of the hour they filmed. And why isn't the title listed, was that an err, or added later for tv?
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;