KR connection still lives in new BSG? (Not just the light)

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

CB2001
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR connection still lives in new BSG? (Not just the light)

Post by CB2001 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:00 pm

The other day, I was rewatching some of the episodes of the Season 1 box set for the new "Battlestar Galactica" and I noticed something. Though I know, everyone knows the BSG/KR connections for the original shows, but for the new BSG, I realize that they've continued on with the tradition of connection and not just the flashing back and forth light of the Cylon Centurions' eye.

If you watch the show, listen to the sounds of the computer on board the Raptors (basically a small recon vehicle in which the character of Boomer used to fly). When intiating the FTL (faster than life for those who don't get the meaning of FTL) drive, there is a long tone that occurs. This tone sounds similar to KITT's when Michael presses certain buttons (similar to the first beep heard here, sound clip from from SoundAmerica website). I originally thought it was the tone for Super Pursuit Mode, but I found certain sound clips of SPM and none of them had the tone.

Of course, I could be mistaken. If there is anyone who watches the new BSG and rewatches "Knight Rider" on tape or DVD, could you help confirm it?