Knight Rider Mentioned in Car Craft Magazine

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Knight Rider Mentioned in Car Craft Magazine

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:19 pm

I subscribe to Car Craft magazine (a magazine for gearheads). In it is a feature on 2nd gen T/As and they mentioned Knight Rider and 3rd gens briefly in towards the start of the article. :)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:43 pm

Cool find Fuzzie... How is KR mentioned? Also, what month's issue is it? (The way magazines work, "This Month's" issue could be labeled as Sept, Oct, or Nov.)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:34 pm

I meant to post about it, it slipped my mind. Let me go find the article.....

Ah Ha,

If you were alive in the late '70's, you knew what a Trans Am was, and you knew you wanted one. Or at least, you wanted to know someone who did. Pontiac's premiere ponycar offering for the time was long on flash and at times, short on substance, but the car's stellar image maintained its popularity straight until hte dawning of the Knight Rider Era third gen. Late Second gen Trans Ams were definitely not the fastest Pontiac had ever offered, but they looked cool and had an inexplicable lure over the opposite sex, whichever that happened to be, attributes that could make anyone the envy of all their friends.

^ The first paragraph.
-December 2005 Car Craft.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:44 pm

Thanks, Sam. :) I had forgot all about mentioning what issue it was in. And too lazy to type out the paragraph. :lol:

In fact, I don't think I had the magazine quite handy at the time I typed it, since things were in a bit of disarray as I was cleaning and storting stuff.

At least it's good to know that magazines do occasionally recognize KR - especially these types of magazines.
BTW, for fans of the '77/'78 TA's this article is really a good read. :)

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:00 pm

I learned a lot reading this article. Did you know the 3rd Gen T/As were gonna come with the 4.9 301 Turbo Trans Am motor. Reason why the Cowl Induction was on the T/A but they went with the 305 instead. 8)
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:18 pm

I wish they went with their original plan. :? I didn't get a chance to read the whole article yet. I been too busy with the move and all. But it's around here for me to read when I have time and a break from things. :)

I always wanted a '77 or '78 T/A. I never liked the '79 - '81's because they screwed up the front nose design. :( The best front noses were the '77 and '78 models. Well, those and the 2000s when they had the formulas that looked more KITT-ish. I sorta like the early 3rd Gens but loved the KITT noses instead of the stock Pontiac noses. :) Except the Recaro. Ok, I admit those looked too SWEET! :)