Another "Knight Rider" spoof...

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

CB2001
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Another "Knight Rider" spoof...

Post by CB2001 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:58 am

If you watch "Adult Swim" on the Cartoon Channel, you'll already know about this. If this hasn't been posted before here on the boards, then I guess that's cool. Anyways...

On "Adult Swim", one of the cartoons they show is called "Stroker and Hoop", which knocks on nearly every late 70s, early 80s TV Detective/Cop shows. And there is a reference to "Knight Rider" in there. Stroker and Hoop drive around in "C.A.R.R.", an orange talking car that is able to drive itself and is very annoying. In the episode I watched, C.A.R.R. crashed into a concrete wall, unaware that it was re-enforced concrete.

Not sure if anyone else has heard about the show, but here's a link to the official website for the show. Click on "Characters", then click on "C.A.R.R." to read the profile and get a good look at him (there's a clip under the "Show Clips" section. Scroll down until you see "C.A.R.R. Trouble aka Feeling Dirty"): http://www.adultswim.com/shows/strokerandhoop/

KARR77
Recruit

Post by KARR77 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:36 am

hahahah yea ive seen that show a few times, funny stuff there. it's more like a combo of spoofs, knight rider, dukes of hazzard and starsky and hutch.
"if i die i'll take you with me" me

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:20 pm

Actually, Neps had posted in here about a new cartoon that will be on soon that C.A.R.R. is actually from. THAT show I think is done by someone other than Universal so I hope they don't get sued or something. :lol: but that C.A.R.R. actually is a new cartoon show. Adult Swim was probably doing a parody of that cartoon.

KARR77
Recruit

Post by KARR77 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:11 pm

not sure which is which, but i do know stroker and hoop bust all over the shows i mentioned, sad thing is the show is funnier than all get out.
"if i die i'll take you with me" me

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:53 pm

Screwy, but I guess that show's not taking itself seriously.....