What's Your Favorite Version Of K.I.T.T.?

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Season 1 ("Knight Of the Phoenix" & first 13 episodes version with "square" voice modulator, 6 fog lights, bumper grills, transparent turn signal blackouts, white striped dashboard, 2 monitors, seat belts, bulky overhead console, l
No votes
Season 2 (4 fog lights, non transparent turn signal blackouts, "3 line" voice modulator, less bulky overhead console, removed licence plate stickers, CPU apparently located within voice modulator)
31%
Season 3 (indented spaces for turn signal blackouts, brand new dashboard & voice modulator, split rear seats, new overhead console, 1 monitor, L.E.D. gas pedal, "Normal Cruise" mode on voice modulator, new 3-D graphic displays, CPU located u
23%
Season 4 (sharper, solid looking nose, no turn signal blackouts or indents, "C" button, "Normal" mode on voice modulator, SPM panel, CPU located under dashboard)
31%
Convertible Mode (retracted T-top covered trunk area & rear seats with hard shell)
8%
Super Pursuit Mode & Electronic Braking System (retractable extensions on KITT's exterior to be more aero-dynamic, visible rocket boosters, 3 "flap" pop-up air brakes for emergency braking, red ground effect extension lights when SPM is used
8%

Total votes: 13

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:33 pm

Reading the 1/18th scale die-cast K.I.T.T. thread, the conversation also spawned a question for me as well. I was wondering what everybody's favorite version of KITT was from "Knight Of the Phoenix"/season 1 - season 4.

I'm not including particular episodes in which KITT's appearance had been enhanced temporarily in any way, such as "Slammin' Sammy's Stunt Show Spectacular" for example, where KITT was pasted with stars. I'm also counting KITT from "Knight Of the Phoenix" as the version for season 1 (that version has the solid red "square" voice box display, which distinguishes KITT more from season 2).

Personally, my favorite version is the season 4 KITT. I like the season 4 nose the best, as well as the more high-tech looking dashboard seen in seasons 3/4. Personally, I just think overall it looks more neat, clean, and high-tech.

Also, to refresh everyone's memory, I've included the small tweaks included on KITT during the transition of each season.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:37 pm

Unfortunately some text was cut off because the details were too long, anyway, you get the idea.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:49 pm

Loved the convertable one the best even though I don't like the season 4 nose. I prefer the season 1/2 blackout look
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:57 pm

I would say that my favorite would be the season four KITT and the SPM version/convertible version. But I put in my vote for the season four.

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:52 am

anyone send the pix of KITT of all four seasons with dashboards so that i can figure out n poll.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:55 am

I would have put pics of K.I.T.T. each season if I had a few from each, so instead I just described the differences each season.