Most sought after Knight Rider toys or memorabilia

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Most sought after Knight Rider toys or memorabilia

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:27 pm

Most of us here can't afford to purchase a real KITT replica to drive around town. So what do we do? We collect what we can afford, right? Toys, trinkets, DVD's, etc.

My question is...if every one of us were given a chance to purchase three items in ebay (or anywhere else), what three items would it be? (Please exclude an actual KITT or KARR replica, it would probably top everyone's list)

My wish list includes:

1. A talking Kenner KITT (already acquired)

2. A clear picture of KITT and David Hasselhoff together with his authentic autograph.

3. A FLAG semi, complete with the same scale KITT inside (which is extremely rare)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:26 am

Hm good question. The Knight 2000 Voice Car was at the top of my list, but I already aquired it again on eBay so I won't count it. So, mine are:

1.)The F.L.A.G. semi with miniature K.I.T.T. (had my eye on that awhile and it IS extremely rare)

2.)The 1/43 scale die-cast metal models of K.I.T.T. and K.A.R.R. (forgot the company name that makes them)

3.)The Power Wheels convertible K.I.T.T. cart (my friend has one that he bought from a garage sale and hooked up the wiring to make the front scanner work at the push of a button, as well as the voice; it isn't the one I remember someone having when I was a child, so I think it was Power Wheels, I remember it having the Knight plate on it as well)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:11 am

Lost Knight wrote:2.)The 1/43 scale die-cast metal models of K.I.T.T. and K.A.R.R. (forgot the company name that makes them)
Aoshima Skynet :wink:

As for me, my list wld be:

1) The KNIGHT 2000 Voice Car

2) The completed model of the Aoshima FLAG trailer model kit (i'm too busy and lazy to fix it up LOL)

3) The front red scanner so I can just display it in my room and light it up...

Gonzaloa
Rookie

Post by Gonzaloa » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:40 am

Hello there,

My wish list is:

1. A talking Kenner KITT with the Michael Knight figure.

3. A FLAG semi with the scale KITT.

2. A voice box and a scanner to mount and put on my desk connected to the PC's audio output.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:14 pm

I want a K.I.T.T. model kit with or without working scanner light but with a halfway decent nose. Most I've seen the nose is too blocky and not that great. :( I also would love a 1:25 or 1:18 FAST R/C with working scanner. :)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:49 pm

Wow...I see a pattern here. It seams that everyone wants/needs to have the Kenner KITT and FLAG semi. I thought I was the only one craving for that shiny black headquarters on wheels. But its very interesting to know what else you guys are interested in, thanks for the responses.

FuzzyDice: If money were no object, purchase the RC KITT with working scanners, I think they can be bought at US$49.00 online, perhaps even lower in some sites. They look pretty cool, specially in the dark.

The AMT/ERTL KITT isn't that bad a kit for the money. They cost around $10.00 but you would probably spend more for paint and other modeling materials. At 1:25 scale, its not really bad looking. I'd at least give it a shot and build it. :wink:

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:08 am

Seeing that I already have the Michael action figure, I'm looking for the Kenner KITT.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:20 pm

That was the same situation I had...I already had the Michael Knight figure (though with a lot of paint wear) from my childhood, and just bought the car itself. The good news for you is that on eBay, the cars that are sold without the figure or are incomplete in other ways are typically a lot cheaper than the regular average price they sell for (estimating around $100).

Obviously because most people, especially collectors, don't want incomplete items or ones damaged in any way. I got mine for $43.00 on eBay because it had no figure, a minor scratch or two, and no bottom battery cover which I didn't care much about since it's on the bottom. I put a "C" size battery in there and the voice works fine on it even still. Needless to say, I am VERY happy with it despite those things. :D

I've seen that car complete in its original box with instruction sheet in mint condition every so often, and its gone up to $300.00 a few times. Ouch!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:43 pm

I'm not sure what my #1 choice would be, but I think I'd like to have one of the SPM toy cars/models/whatever they had.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:46 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I've seen that car complete in its original box with instruction sheet in mint condition every so often, and its gone up to $300.00 a few times. Ouch!
The most expensive Kenner KITT I know that was auctioned off in ebay was a Mint in Sealed Box (MISB). It reached a whopping US$700.00 plus! You could buy a second hand 1982 Trans Am with that kind of money, its unbelievable!
Michael Pajaro wrote:I'm not sure what my #1 choice would be, but I think I'd like to have one of the SPM toy cars/models/whatever they had.
I've never seen an SPM KITT ever auctioned off in ebay. I would also be interested in bidding for one if the opportunity arises. Let's hope ERTL or Aoshima has plans of building one in the near future.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:07 am

imranbecks wrote:3) The front red scanner so I can just display it in my room and light it up...
cool idea! :D :D :D

my top three would be:

1) the radio controlled KITT

2) radio controlled semi to put KITT in lol

3) and a scanner for my bedroom... where did i get that idea from now i wonder...? ;)
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Most Wanted

Post by corlando52 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:59 pm

I actually have a folder on my computer called KITTs Wanted.
I'll try to post pictures....

Chris

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:01 pm

I've actually gotten only Number 4 and number 9. But they do go well with the rest of my collection.

Chris

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:06 pm

:shock:

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Re: Most Wanted

Post by imranbecks » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:31 am

corlando52 wrote:I actually have a folder on my computer called KITTs Wanted.
I'll try to post pictures....

Chris
Damn.... I want that diecast FLAG trailer as shown in the first pic.....!!!!! And is that a customised wrist communicator or an official product?

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:57 am

Darn it, I'm starting to drool heavily again after looking at these gorgeous pics. :roll:

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Lots of drool...

Post by corlando52 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:17 pm

Yes, I drool everytime I open up my folder! I've been trying to get that Truck/KITT combo for the longest time with no luck. I have some contacts in Japan and even they can't find it. Maybe if the movie ever gets made, they'll re-issue it.
The ComLink was an actual product, and if memory serves, the alarm is the Knight Rider Theme!!! I found it on ebay a couple of times and each time it went for over $200!!!!! Somthing else they should re-issue!!!
Oh, I know someone said they'd like a KITT voicebox to hook up to their radio. I actually built one. I hooked it to a voice chip with a recording of KITT speaking, but when I was testing it I hooked it up to a radio and it worked great. Here's a picture:

OR, if you want to see it working, you can see the AVI (at about 500M) at:

http://home.att.net/~corlando52/vbxtalking1.avi

Finally, if you want the schematic I used (I had to modify one I found on the internet that was just all wrong), you can view it here and print it out if you want to make one, too!

http://home.att.net/~corlando52/voiceboxmodified.jpg

Chris :D

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:24 pm

ooohhh I like the watch. I have a Knight Rider watch but it has a pic of Kitt on it.

I didn't even know they had that many things.wow

How many people DON"t have replicas yet?

becky

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Not me...

Post by corlando52 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:33 pm

Becky,
Well, I for one DON'T have a replica, which is probably why I have all these "little" toy KITTs. I am friends with NY Knight, and have gotten to see his replica, which is amazing.
Maybe someday...

Chris

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

My watch

Post by corlando52 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:36 pm

Becky,
Have you ever seen this watch? This is the one I have. It doesn't keep real time, but when you wind it up, KITT moves back and forth.

Chris

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:14 pm

I have that watch too Chris but my son took it away from me. LOL

3 Things I would love to have.

1) comlink watch
2) Kitt talkingPedal car(anyone have one of these?)
3) Kenner talking kitt car and figure that everyone else here wants.LOL(I had one as a kid)

Becky

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:25 pm

My friend has a K.I.T.T. talking pedal car that he bought at a garage sale. Its a convertible and has two interior buttons: one to light up the front scanner and the other to activate phrases. The accuracy of the car is pretty off (there's Knight Rider logo trim along the side fenders, the hood is completely different) but still very cool. One of these days when I get a camera phone or digital camera I'll snap some pictures and post them. I also think there was a Power Wheels version of K.I.T.T., also in Convertible Mode, but more accurate...come to think of it, I remember seeing it in Toys "R" Us as a child near all the bikes and Power Wheels cars.

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Had one, too

Post by corlando52 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:38 pm

Becky,
I had one of the Talking Cars, too. I bought it, kept it away in the box until about 4 years ago. I put it on ebay because it was too big for me to display it anywhere. Before I sold it, I recorded what it said (I think there were 3 phrases) on the computer. Still have them!
Since you mentioned your son, I'll take this oportunity to show you a picture of my youngest daughter in my friend, Scott's, KITT conversion.

If you want to see all the pictures of Scott's conversion, you can go to http://www.geocities.com/corlando52/knightny.html

Chris

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:35 pm

My boys were first Herbie fans(since I have one) but now they are into KITT big time.

Cute pic of your daughter in Kitt. I need to find a Kitt replica in Texas so my boys can get their pics taken.

Here is a pic of my 5 year old next to herbie the first day of school.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lovebuggi ... m=3048.jpg

Becky

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:40 pm

I forgot to ask but is does the scanner really work on the pedal car and is the voice clear?

Becky