I Finally Have Seen KITT in Real Life

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I Finally Have Seen KITT in Real Life

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:27 pm

OMG, today was the best day for me ever!!!!! Today I went to Orchard Beach in N.Y. with a few friends to a car show they had everything there, hot rods, muscle cars, choppers, a band, people from WCC and OCC, but most of all they had KITT!!!! KITT belonged to the guy who was Knight NY from Knight Nationals twice, he had the season 1 and 2 dash (2 tv monitors) and was playing Pacman on it, lol. The scanner was unbelievably nice and the nose was perfect. The car was awesome and clean and had the scanner noise and KITT actually had said a few things with the voice modulator moving. I will have some pics up soon but this was one of the best moments of my life!

lofer
Rookie

Post by lofer » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:44 pm

Can we see that pics?
http://www.elcochefantastico.net

... un hombre que no existe en un mundo lleno de peligros ...

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:10 pm

My KITT encounter happened way back in 1987 when I visited Universal Studios with my relatives (I was in California back then as a tourist). It was the actual KITT that was used in the series and I tell you, it was an awesome experience. Even my sister got to sit in the driver's seat and talk to KITT. People had to wait in line though, but the wait was certainly worth it.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:32 am

I still haven't seen a KITT in person and I'm going to hold every single person with a replica responsible until I do! :evil::lol:
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:50 am

HondaSiR wrote:My KITT encounter happened way back in 1987 when I visited Universal Studios with my relatives (I was in California back then as a tourist). It was the actual KITT that was used in the series and I tell you, it was an awesome experience. Even my sister got to sit in the driver's seat and talk to KITT. People had to wait in line though, but the wait was certainly worth it.
That was the time I saw KITT too!!!!! Wish I can experience that moment in time again... Me and my sis sat in the car and engaged in a conversation with KITT, though it was obviously not voiced by William Daniels, it was good enough.

I will never forget the first question I asked KITT: Where is Michael?

LOL... :lol: I can't remember what was his response though.. :lol:

Here are some pics....thats me in the driver seat...

KnightRiderGirl
Rookie

Post by KnightRiderGirl » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:41 am

My first KITT encounter was this summer at a car show in Massachusetts. It was one of the best days of my life....

paul e l
Recruit

Post by paul e l » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:24 pm

i once saw a KITT in Gatlinburg TN

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:05 pm

cloudkitt wrote:I still haven't seen a KITT in person and I'm going to hold every single person with a replica responsible until I do! :evil::lol:
Dito!! :lol:

The closest I ever got was an '82 T/A I saw at the grocery store parking lot last month. I parked right next to him and talked to the owner. The T/A was jet black and looked SO much like K.I.T.T. - tan PMD's and everything I believe! All was needed was a K.I.T.T. dash, nose and scanner. :) The owner wanted my "Knight Cruiser" windshield banner. LOL!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:52 pm

Well the closest I've ever come was seeing a replica drive right past me in my own home town of Valley Stream, which was later held in a parking lot near by. It was pretty cool to see one in person randomly like that I must say!

A few months ago I needed to pick up some car parts and saw a '92 black Trans Am with the 3 piece GTO tail light blackout covers which looked very similar to K.I.T.T.'s. I was hoping that it would have a front nose with the scanner as well when I walked up to the front but it turned out that it just had the tail light covers.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:43 pm

I will have the pictures soon, there are developed but I still have to scan them.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:39 pm

imranbecks wrote:That was the time I saw KITT too!!!!! Wish I can experience that moment in time again... Me and my sis sat in the car and engaged in a conversation with KITT, though it was obviously not voiced by William Daniels, it was good enough.
We're both very lucky then my man!! Not only did we get to see the actual KITT in person, we actually got to SIT INSIDE and have a conversation with him! It's a great feeling! We were both at the right place at the right time! When I visited the US in 1989 and 1990, the KITT display was already gone. Lady Luck was sure with us in 1987! :D

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:23 pm

HondaSiR wrote:
imranbecks wrote:That was the time I saw KITT too!!!!! Wish I can experience that moment in time again... Me and my sis sat in the car and engaged in a conversation with KITT, though it was obviously not voiced by William Daniels, it was good enough.
We're both very lucky then my man!! Not only did we get to see the actual KITT in person, we actually got to SIT INSIDE and have a conversation with him! It's a great feeling! We were both at the right place at the right time! When I visited the US in 1989 and 1990, the KITT display was already gone. Lady Luck was sure with us in 1987! :D
Yup!! It sure was.... Like I said, I will do anything just to experience that moment again.... I was still too young then, it just happened so fast..... I can't really remember what it felt like to be in the car..

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:24 am

Lucky guys, I was always told as a kid by people that saw the actual car of how cool it was. I always wished I had the chance to see it for myself as a kid, well even now! Those pictures are really good quality by the way, they almost look like they were taken by a digital camera.

kitt-x
Rookie

Post by kitt-x » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:12 pm

cloudkitt wrote:I still haven't seen a KITT in person and I'm going to hold every single person with a replica responsible until I do! :evil::lol:
Where in PA are you located?

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:31 pm

Lancaster

kitt-x
Rookie

Post by kitt-x » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:30 am

Well, if you ever make to the Allentown area and would like to see my conversion, send me an email, maybe we could work something out.

KnightRiderGirl
Rookie

Post by KnightRiderGirl » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:41 am

imranbecks wrote:
HondaSiR wrote:
Yup!! It sure was.... Like I said, I will do anything just to experience that moment again.... I was still too young then, it just happened so fast..... I can't really remember what it felt like to be in the car..
You guys all really suck! I want to have a conversation with the best car ever.....*heavy sigh*

knightman
Operative

Post by knightman » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:09 am

i was lucky enogh to see kitt twice,
once in sydney and once while on holidays in brisbane, queensland australia..

the kitt in sydney had the first season dash
:dash: and the one in queensland had the one tv dash :dash4: both were awsome to see and i got to sit in both , only got pics of the first season dash, Ill try and find them and post them up

im still looking for my aussie kitt

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:51 pm

kitt-x wrote:Well, if you ever make to the Allentown area and would like to see my conversion, send me an email, maybe we could work something out.
That would be really sweet. But I don't think I have any reason to go to Allentown, probably abotu as much reason as you have to go to Lancaster :wink:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:39 pm

I first saw KITT during a "mall tour" in 1984. 85? Something like that. They had a touring that hit malls throughout the country. I saw it at the American Way Outlet Mall in Paramus NJ. You couldn't sit in it, and it just played a sequence of pre-recorded messages. I think it was William Daniels' voice.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

babifrence
Volunteer

Post by babifrence » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:05 pm

Hiya Peeps,

I live in Surrey, UK and the closest I ever came to seeing a KITT car was when I was living in central london and my next door neighbour had the 1981 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird. Almost identical except for the nose. Theres 4 lights on it, 2 on the left and 2 on the right and it has a steep dip in the nose - you all know what I mean Image.

The chances of me actually seeing a KITT care is very unlikely. I dont know anyone famous or otherwise who lives in the UK and owns a KITT car except Vinny, but hes busy promoting Knight Rider stuff. Maybe in my dreams will get that much closer :cry:.

PEACE OUT !!!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:24 pm

I saw another 3rd Gen Firebird (said "Firebird" and not "Trans Am" on it) (though a red one that had two different shades of red, and some black on it) that looked as if it would have been K.I.T.T. if it was all black. :) I walked up to take a look. A friend's friend's brother was driving it and he took her car to take her somewhere and left his. So naturally I had to take a look (though I didn't touch. I promise. ;) ) I just walked past it rather slowly is all.

We have quite a few 3rd Gen Firebirds and T/As, etc. around and even saw a '90s Ram Air T/A and a 1990 Forumla T/A Firebird. I guess I'm lucky to live where I do. I should hit a couple cruise nights and I bet someone has a K.I.T.T. around... or I'd hope. I haven't really looked though.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:22 pm

I have to say that those pop up lights on the old cars seem to be pure crap. On so many old Trans Ams I see one lid up, one lid down. Looks like the cars are sleeping with one eye open. :wink: When I eventually buy an '82 Trans Am, that's one feature I will barely use to minimize the chance of it breaking.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:15 pm

I've noticed that too with ANY car with those pop-up lights. Not just T/As. I think that someone that was working with the KR cars even mentioned they too didn't like those lights. They look awful too. Just use the fog lights. They rule. ;)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:08 am

Yes I meant to say other cars as well, Corvettes, 3rd gen Camaros, ect. The only good thing about those lights is that they give K.I.T.T. a more ominous, sleek look when they're shut, especially also the 4th generation Firebirds.