JUST A STUPID QUESTION....

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knighttwothousand
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

JUST A STUPID QUESTION....

Post by knighttwothousand » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:06 am

In the opening sequence , they say
"A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist"
whom are they referring to?? Micheal or KITT?
They show kitt when they show it.....

Pardon me if my question seems stupid....[/img]

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:28 am

Hmm, now that I think about it, it messes with your head. Well Michael really in the beginning wasn't supposed to have an identity other than the one the foundation gave him. However KITT is a computer. A very sophisticated one (understatement). KITT really doesn't exist, except with his friends. Maybe its both.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:43 am

I think some things are black and white: It's Michael. It refers the admittedly minor plot device that he used to be Michael Long, but has a new identity as Michael Knight. Any villian trying to get background information on Michael Knight would discover that he did not exist.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:39 am

Not to mention, they say it is a man that does not exist, not a machine, not an artificial intelligence, but a man. :)

KI

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:46 pm

When I used to watch it as a child, I remember thinking that they were talking about KITT....but soon after watching the show again I realized that they were actually talking about Michael. To a child it can be confusing.

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:04 pm

Yeah. I didn't even know the background story to Knight Rider when I was a young kid. Just knew it was something about a black car that could talk being driven by some curly haired guy named Michael. Had no idea that he was given an alternate face after a near tragic death.

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:11 am

knightimmortal wrote:Not to mention, they say it is a man that does not exist, not a machine, not an artificial intelligence, but a man. :)

KI
though, scientists have only ONE test to determine whether they have truely attainded "AI" (which no one has yet)... they sit someone in a room with a computer and have them converse...if the person doesnt know he's talking to a computer, then it has been established. like i said...obviously not done yet...but when it does...my car will ROCK!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:20 am

That's not an accurate test... there are bots running around the net "chatting" with people on line that constantly fool people into thinking they are human (although if you look at some on the conversations, you may ask yourself if the people being fooled have any intelligence themselves.)

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:07 pm

Well I know it is about MK but... When you think about it.. It could very well be KITT... He is a man... Who doesn't exist, because he is just a AI :( But then they talk about MK after, which sets the feel. But they could be first talking about KITT the man who doesn't exist, then about MK the young loner.... And there you have it!

:P Cool, this was not a stupid question.... I now have a new view on the opening theme! Thanks for the thought...

Benjamin Knight
:spm:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:49 pm

Calling KITT a man who does not exist is like calling Michael Knight the world's most fantastic car.

Because Michael Knight IS a car, just without wheels. And is made out of human tissue instead of steel and plastic. And uses food instead of gasoline.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:03 pm

themarvelous3 wrote: though, scientists have only ONE test to determine whether they have truely attainded "AI" (which no one has yet)... they sit someone in a room with a computer and have them converse...if the person doesnt know he's talking to a computer, then it has been established. like i said...obviously not done yet...but when it does...my car will ROCK!
Actually, not correct. Scientists have 122 different tests to determine whether they have truly attained true AI. The sitting somebody in a room part is only one of the 122 steps. The other 121 are all determined on logic and psychological patterns, as well as computational patterns and timing patterns.

To Benjamin: So KITT stands up to pee? He can reproduce? He grows facial hair? They are talking about Michael as the man who does not exist. KITT does in fact exist within the Foundation mainframe, but is just a tool.

KI

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:20 pm

knightimmortal wrote: To Benjamin: So KITT stands up to pee? He can reproduce? He grows facial hair? They are talking about Michael as the man who does not exist. KITT does in fact exist within the Foundation mainframe, but is just a tool.
:lol: Yes, yes... But I was saying I could see how it could be viewed like that... I know it is about MK, but the first line could kind'a (in a very rough outlook) Refer to KITT... But Yes I know it is about Micheal... I like to thing of KITT personnally as a little more then a tool :wink:

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:20 am

hello long time no chat. Anyways back to the topic at hand. There talking about michael knight. the reason I say this is because like kitt no one other the flag people is suppost to know about him but you can see that not work very well now did it. Or did it?
and like Ki said there talking about a man