What is the true color of KARR's 2nd scanner?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

What is the true color of KARR's 2nd scanner?

Post by ShadowConvoy » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:41 am

Hello All,
I'm new here and I'm building the KITT model into a KARR model. Is KARR's scanner in his second appearance yellow or green. Also are his "vocalizer" dash LEDS green,yellow or both. [I know in KARR's first appearnce these items were red, so no need to go into any great detail on that conflict.lol]

ColeGrad01
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:56 am

Hey, I haven't seen the episodes with KARR, but I have seen pictures of it on the official website. Here is the link to the episode KITT Vs KARR:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/007 ... n3/306.htm

Look at the pictures at the left side and it should show the colors of the lines that flash in the voicebox when it speaks. That picture is the third one going down. I always wondered what it was like to hear a car talking when it wasn't KITT. Besides the KNIGHT 4000 when it had #*@hole Maddox's voice in KNIGHT RIDER 2000 before Michael installed the one true voice to the Knight Rider car.

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:07 am

Thanks! I ran across those pics last night but it was late and i couldn't remember where I had last seen them. If you know of any others I'd be greatly appreciative! :D

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:47 am

ColeGrad01 wrote:Hey, I haven't seen the episodes with KARR, but I have seen pictures of it on the official website. Here is the link to the episode KITT Vs KARR:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/007 ... n3/306.htm
That is high praise indeed, as Paul has put together probably the most comprehensive Knight Rider website out there, but there is no "official" website.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:27 am

KNIGHT RIDER ARCHIVE is too the official website. It basically tells everything about that show and anything to do with it. I don't see any other websites that do a better job. If there's something you want to find out, then that is the one to go to. Just click on KNIGHT RIDER (1982-1986) and scroll down to the fourth reply. It has the link that will take you right to it. Especially if you want to know about all the episodes. Like the ones I have listed under the link. Those are the ones that display something important that will give you all the main points of the show.

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:37 am

I love this kit in fact I made one for my little brother when we were both kids. Now I'd like to try my hand at now that i have more advanced modeling skills.

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:24 am

ColeGrad01 wrote:KNIGHT RIDER ARCHIVE is too the official website. It basically tells everything about that show and anything to do with it. I don't see any other websites that do a better job.
At the risk of splitting hairs...
Quoted from Webster's Dictionary's definition of "official":

1. Of or pertaining to an office or public trust; as, official duties, or routine.

2. Derived from the proper office or officer, or from the proper authority; made or communicated by virtue of authority; as, an official statement or report.

3. (Pharm.) Approved by authority; sanctioned by the pharmacop[oe]ia; appointed to be used in medicine; as, an official drug or preparation. Cf. Officinal.

4. Discharging an office or function. [Obs.]
If we assume the proper authority to be Universal Studios, the owner of the Knight Rider franchise, then since there is no indication that Universal Studios has sanctioned any fan web site, the term "official" does not apply.

If we assume the proper authority to be the Knight Rider fan base, then since there is no formal organization of Knight Rider fans, the term "official" still would not seem to apply.

Your mileage may vary, of course, especially with the use of the Turbo Boost button. 8)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:47 pm

And for the original question, the answer is: yellow (amber if you would like to get technical)

And there is absolutely no official KR website, and labelling any of the websites as such is just inviting trouble for them. (As we have found out in the past.)

KI

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:40 pm

Okay, soooo teh scanner is amber/orange/yellow and the voice indicator is yellow/green? :?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:48 pm

Just yellow for the voice indicator... You might need to tweak the tint level on your TV, but you shouldn't see any green in there.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:53 pm

Okay, yellow it is then! :D

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:06 pm

Its been confirmed for the Knight Rider Legacy book that cars scanner is yellow and his voice box is yellow. Rick Okie who wrote the episode confirmed that was the colors he intended, to match KITT's red on red look (red scanner, red voice box).
KNIGHT RIDER ARCHIVE is too the official website. It basically tells everything about that show and anything to do with it. I don't see any other websites that do a better job. If there's something you want to find out, then that is the one to go to. Just click on KNIGHT RIDER (1982-1986) and scroll down to the fourth reply. It has the link that will take you right to it. Especially if you want to know about all the episodes. Like the ones I have listed under the link. Those are the ones that display something important that will give you all the main points of the show.
I have to back Mike on this one and say that no site is official. While Paul's site is fantastic there are plenty of others who provide just as much information and have kept current. I've read almost all your posts now and your comment about "I don't see any other websites that do a better job" is very arrogant and cocky.

I think there are plenty sites such as The Knight Rider Collective and teamknightrider.com that have done a great job if not better job of giving us information and rare stuff that no one has seen. I take offense to your statement because at one time I had a site. Just because you don't see my website does not mean it is there. I devoted my time to writing a resource companion that is unofficial for the show rather then build a website.

Cole, I tend to think that more important then what you can't see. I also think that other webmasters should be equal. Putting Paul's site above all of us and then making it "official" because you have judged it the best one is childish indeed.

Richie

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:16 pm

Thanks for the "official" info KnightVision!LOL :wink: