Knight Rider Game Mistakes!!

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KIFT
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KIFT » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:32 am

I Was Watching The Video Of The Game And Found A Mistake In KITT
Original

Game

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:15 pm

Umm... pictures don't show up.

-Scott

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:19 pm

Geocities. Sometimes they work, most of the time, they don't.

knightimmortal

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:22 pm

Yeah, Scott you gotta copy the url of the pictures into your browser to see them. Dont we all love geocities?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:33 pm

And I sort of have to agree. As long as we get the game at some point in time, the little things don't count. I know I promote nitpicking, but let's not go overboard!

knightimmortal

Smoothy
Rookie

Post by Smoothy » Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>Geocities. Sometimes they work, most of the time, they don't.

knightimmortal</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geocities doesn't allow "remote loading", which means if a webpage that is NOT part of Yahoo! calls a picture file to display, it will NOT display. It will only display if the picture file was loaded directly from the browser address bar.

The only reason it would seem that sometimes a webpage NOT part of Yahoo! loads a picture that originates from Geocities is when the picture is in the browser cache already.

As for the picture, it's only superficial difference. It can't really be expected for the programmers to get the detail perfectly right. What matters is if they got the representation of KITT right, which they seem to have.

As for the "pictures" in the first post, you can't use a link to an .html webpage for the [ img ] link, for .html you have to use the [ url ] tag (so posting it as a link).

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: Smoothy ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:19 pm

I think I already knew that. Must come from being a moderator around here for some time. I was being sarcastic, because maybe I am getting tired of telling people around here that linking out to Geocities doesn't work. Especially telling the same people.

And by the way, there are times that a Geocities picture will come up even without it being in the cache. Generally when they are doing maintenance or their servers are being slammed, which is about twice a day.

knightimmortal

Smoothy
Rookie

Post by Smoothy » Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:48 pm

Oh, cool knightimmortal. Was just clarifying things for any other readers.

DaveHarries
Volunteer

Post by DaveHarries » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:00 am

Yeh, it's not *exact*, it's just from a different angle. Still looks pretty cool tho. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:02 am

There's a few things that arent true to the real KITT in the game but a little thing like that....who really cares ? i dont.

David, i think tiago was meaning the vent on the front panel, just behind the wheel. forget its proper name, front side deflector ??

scott

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: Newcastle knight ]

K.I.F.T.
Volunteer

Post by K.I.F.T. » Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:06 am

Ah nice pic of the car, I see the mistake still nobody's perect [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:42 am

I think you mean the side "air extractors." All '82 through '90 T/A's had em, some of the '91, '92 did but they were smaller and not too prominent on those models. This was one of the first errors I noticed. With games like GT3 producing photo-realistc car models wonder why the game doesn't have a better 3-D model of KITT.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Nov 08, 2002 10:42 am

well then, going by from what you say, i guess that makes it quite a big mistake.

Skav

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:45 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Army_F_body:
<STRONG>I think you mean the side "air extractors." All '82 through '90 T/A's had em, some of the '91, '92 did but they were smaller and not too prominent on those models. This was one of the first errors I noticed. With games like GT3 producing photo-realistc car models wonder why the game doesn't have a better 3-D model of KITT.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give them a break, at least we are getting the game. That really is being TOO picky.

knightimmortal

Sonicfreak
Recruit

Post by Sonicfreak » Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:39 am

I have played the PC version and I noticed that KITT is reflected in his own body. That's not supposed to happen. Well, you have to look closely to notice this minor mistake.

TheHasselhoff
Stranger

Post by TheHasselhoff » Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:52 pm

I've got a spoiler that may solve these graphical problems, for those of us that are "continuity-inclined"....

SPOILERS!!!!

o
n
e
m
a
n
c
a
n
m
a
k
e
a
d
i
f
f
e
r
e
n
c
e

OK, I hope that's enough. Michael makes a comment in the game that he saw Garth die "three years ago" - that means this is set in the supposed fifth season. As the story apparently goes, Bonnie has just overhauled KITT (which explains why he must go through testing in the beginning, and only later on gets SPM). She must have made visual modifications, too. Hey, continuity problem solved!

Well, this kind of reasoning works for Star Trek fans, at least....

-----------------------------

The Hasselhoff
- if this is the fifth season, then has RC3 been sitting up in the Semi cab, twiddling his thumbs for the entire game? [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:20 am

Granted, we are getting a game that is long over do, but it just a blairing mistake to me. Call me a perfectionist, but I've fooled around with F-bodies for a while, and the air extractors are the only thing that makes a trans am truly a trans am. And as much as Pontiac would like to deny it, KITT is a trans am. Sorry, Knightimmortal, I'll try to be less critical next time.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:34 am

well those minor details are not as bad... in my opinion! far more disturbing is KITT's dash board! it just doesn't look right... even if it has been reduced to the necessaries for gameplay i really dislike it!
i couldn't find the game on friday the 8th here in germany... maybe it was released but the stores were too lazy to put it out of the stock... so i don't know if the game can be modded! it mainly means: are the textures in some kind of archive or can these be altered easily???

[ November 10, 2002: Message edited by: Kaine ]

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:09 am

I would say look at the game FAQ on this here site as to why only part of the dash is included and when complete release dates are due.

K.I.T.T

Sonicfreak
Recruit

Post by Sonicfreak » Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:30 am

I discovered a big mistake in Badlands 1. The train that you have to turboboost over is white and I guess Davilex forgot to put a texture on it.

Marcelius
Volunteer

Post by Marcelius » Sat Nov 16, 2002 3:46 pm

Are we ALL going to dwell on mistakes in a game!?! Or just be happy it was even released!!?!

EVERY game has it's flaws, my friends [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Be thankful that Davilex was even ABLE to get the 'ok' for using the KITT Trans-AM in a Knight Rider game...and get permission to even MAKE a Knight Rider game [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sure there are flaws in the game, every game has flaws (or almost every game), but just sit back with a nice hot cappucino and turbo boost over some annoying cars and trucks! Problem solved :P

K.I.F.T.
Volunteer

Post by K.I.F.T. » Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:09 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kaine:
<STRONG>well those minor details are not as bad... in my opinion! far more disturbing is KITT's dash board! it just doesn't look right... even if it has been reduced to the necessaries for gameplay i really dislike it!
i couldn't find the game on friday the 8th here in germany... maybe it was released but the stores were too lazy to put it out of the stock... so i don't know if the game can be modded! it mainly means: are the textures in some kind of archive or can these be altered easily???

[ November 10, 2002: Message edited by: Kaine ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea I was rather dissapointed with KITTs dashboard too, I mean whats the point in haveing a dash view if half of KITTs dash is missing??? Even the overhead controls are missing and where are the TV screens?

Still it's going to be a cool game and It can't come soon enough for me!

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:30 pm

Yeah, apparently the excuse is that they didnt want to clutter up the dash so gamers wouldn't get confused.

Personally, i think the dashboard in the game(from the pics i've seen) looks like junk, but hey, what can ya do? I dunno, it doesnt really get me excited about driving kitt, i mean, the dash was one of the most important features of the show.

Whatever, im probably just nitpicking. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

K.I.F.T.
Volunteer

Post by K.I.F.T. » Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:03 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centaurus17:
<STRONG>Yeah, apparently the excuse is that they didnt want to clutter up the dash so gamers wouldn't get confused.

Personally, i think the dashboard in the game(from the pics i've seen) looks like junk, but hey, what can ya do? I dunno, it doesnt really get me excited about driving kitt, i mean, the dash was one of the most important features of the show.

Whatever, im probably just nitpicking. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are all nitpicking, but hey this game is aimed at Knight Rider fans and alot of us if not all of us would have liked to have seen the awesome dashboard in all its glory.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Nov 17, 2002 12:04 am

Gives me the feeling that someone is going to attempt to make a "patch" for the PC version at some point...be it official, or (most likely) not.