Goliath Returns

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Arjun
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Goliath Returns

Post by Arjun » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:28 pm

In the last few minutes of "Goliath Returns", I have noticed KITT was in the path of Goliath, but when the grappling hook was activated and hung to a rock, KITT was a few inches clear of Goliath. How did this happen?

Besides, why does KITT have such colourful, decorative opinions of Goliath, but call KARR just a "problem-ridden prototype" and nothing more?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:35 pm

Movie magic? :)

In general KITT seems to have a better grasp on knowledge, as KARR is all "Destroy the world", and KITT is all "Save the World." Being diabolical cuts down on your wittiness.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:41 pm

and KITT is all "Save the World." Being diabolical cuts down on your wittiness.

you can say that again

KARR 2000
Rookie

Post by KARR 2000 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:02 am

Didn"t that women (the one that was driving with Garth) make him steer :?:
So...... I have no idea what to write here.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:14 am

The Adrianne effect? Was that why KITT was slightly clear of Goliath?

I am talking about the various opinions KITT has about Goliath. Snout-nosed dinosaur. Metal-plated behemoth.

But he's silent about KARR.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:13 pm

KITT did have a few choice words about KARR: "Pardon the expression but he does have a few screws loose."
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:05 pm

For the first part of the comment about KITT being clear of Goliath, in fact, Adrienne did try to wrestle the steering wheel from Garthe, knocking them off course. So, yeah, that can be answered.

As for KITT having less choice words to say about KARR than Goliath:

1) KARR never disabled KITT. KARR was an annoyance that wouldn't go away, so KITT didn't necessarily have as much of a reaction in that form to KARR as he did Goliath.

2) As Mike said, KITT did have a few choice words for KARR, they just weren't as intense.

3) KARR was more like an echo of KITT. So if KITT said too many bad things about KARR, then he might have to re-evaluate himself.

4) The difference between a huge steel re-inforced semi with no counter programming, driven by a mad man versus a Trans-Am that can be defeated by its own programming? Priceless. :)

KI

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:50 pm

Not to mention the fact that KARR was beneath KITTs comtempt as simply bad programming, whilst Goliath was big, imposing, and needed belittling, probably as reassurance for KITT.

And because it makes kool tv... or they used different scriptwriters... or because Goliath was big enough to take insults whereas Karr was quite small and lacked direction in life and couldn't help the way he was...

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:51 pm

what and goliath can I don't think so now Garth on the other hand could change his ways but utile that happens goliath is with what he does. pluss I don't think he meant it to the truck I think he was calling Garth that but have the main programme that he has he could not say them directly to garth.

Knight2015
Stranger

Goliath

Post by Knight2015 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:06 pm

haha Kitt has alot of "colorful" and "decorative" words to say for Goliath and just calls KARR a "problem ridden prototype" probably because KARR didn't smash Kitt in the face (front) and leave him on his side in the scorching desert!

Michael SS-R
Recruit

Post by Michael SS-R » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:33 am

Ghost-Unmade
Rookie

Post by Ghost-Unmade » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:47 am

Or maybe unlike KARR who could stand on his own as a villan, Goliath was a far weaker plot concept, so the writers needed to have KITT calling him "metal plated behemoth" and things like that to remind the audience that we're supposed to be intimidated.

Ghost

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:13 am

Probably this-

Goliath was just an oversized truck, so KITT could say what he wanted, and get away with it. KARR might have called him a few such names too.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:20 am

And Garth bore a surprising resemblence to the lorry cabin that pulled the Foundation semi...

demonic_ressurection
Stranger

Post by demonic_ressurection » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:25 am

'In the last few minutes of "Goliath Returns", I have noticed KITT was in the path of Goliath, but when the grappling hook was activated and hung to a rock, KITT was a few inches clear of Goliath. '

Yes, because when K.I.T.T activated the grappling hook and hung to a rock, he went a bit ahead in his inertia. I don't think there is any flaw in this scene.

I think K.I.T.T had so colourful opinions about Goliath and not about K.A.R.R because he seemed to have feared Goliath more than K.A.R.R as it had once hit him in Goliath and he had been almost completely destroyed and so he likes to describe Goliath more descriptively than K.A.R.R.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:28 am

i always thought it was badly editied when i was able to watch it back and dissect it.

i thought KITT was meant to shoot out the grappling hook #first#, have it caught on a rock, and then #after that# at the last moment skid offside and stop atop the cliff, just before goliath came past him, adrienne simply trying to save her own life.

if you look at it, adrienne isn't able to sway goliath's heading and so it never made sense to me that they showed KITT skidding offside so much in advance of him releasing the grapplng hook et all... it just made no sense that garth wouldn't use all that time to change course.
[/i]
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)