Anybody Actually Like "Knight Rider 2000"?

This forum contains discussions about the locations used for the 1982 series.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro, Joe Huth

moviefan2k4
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Anybody Actually Like "Knight Rider 2000"?

Post by moviefan2k4 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:21 am

I was ten years old when this TV movie first aired, and I still enjoy it to this day. While its true that many of the surface details from the original show were left out, I still think it has the heart of that series. I liked the "not-too-distant future" aspect of the story, and I thought the character of Shawn McCormick was interesting (especially when she was mimicking KITT because of the chip in her head - that was funny). David Hasselhoff was in great shape to continue the role back then, and some of my favorite KITT lines are from that movie. I especially love the scene where its just him and the Knight 4000, bantering with each other about their purpose ("There's nothing worse than a smartass automobile.") I didn't realize it was meant to launch a new show until years afterward, but I seriously would have watched that. Devon's death was very emotional, along with Michael's reaction. I honestly think that of all the attempts to revive the classic show, "Knight Rider 2000" is the best one. I never bothered with the "Team" series, but the 2008 version was sleazy and inconsistent like crazy.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: Anybody Actually Like "Knight Rider 2000"?

Post by jup » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:09 am

While it has been a long time since I re-watched that pilot...I still remember the wonderful feelings that Knight Rider was coming back. The real hope that this was a handing off to a new team with great episodes to come. The...

...then, that night came to actually watch it.

And...nothing else on this subject, do I have anything positive to say.

YakForger
Stranger

Post by YakForger » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:03 pm

Well, it was my first introduction to Knight Rider in general... It wasn't THAT bad, although definitely cheesy. Anyways, it still made me google Knight Rider, which allowed me to discover the much better original series!

WhiteBird
Rookie

Post by WhiteBird » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:32 am

I agree it was cheesy however I really loved that we got to see Edward Mulhare again since now he is no longer with us. I did like the Stealth they made for Kitt. I know its not a very popular version by any means, but over all, I enjoyed it.
White Bird

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:40 pm

I LOVED IT!!! I thought it was a cool way to try to bring back Knight Rider.

Dr. Raoul Duke
Volunteer

Post by Dr. Raoul Duke » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:01 pm

It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. Obviously nothing it predicted has come to pass — the ban on firearms, cars running off algae gases, President Dan Quayle ( :lol: ). Seeing Michael, Devon, and KITT back together again was nice, and for all its faults, it's still a better farewell to the characters than "Voo Doo Knight."
Michael: You are about as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea.
KITT: I want custody of me!

Terry Marvin
Stranger

Post by Terry Marvin » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Sunday, November 15, 2020--9:16 pm CST

I did. I would like to find the DVD somewhere. I like David Hasselhoff and William Daniels (KITT's voice)

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas) :kittside: