Never Did Like Devon When Series Progressed

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Never Did Like Devon When Series Progressed

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:49 pm

I have to ask this, is someone playing god in your life? Is your boss so overbearing that you're afraid to go over their heads and report him?

This obviously wasn't the case for F.L.A.G. because they were more like a family. Michael and Devon had more of a father and son relationship than a boss/employee one. If you watched how Michael chased after the guy who hit Devon and escaped on the bike, a boss get's hit and an employee at best calls an ambulance. Michael however wanted to seek vengeance like someone just hit someone he cared very dearly for and chased him. The episode you're describing where Bonnie has returned is called the ice bandits in season four.

You really need to seek help Passepartout.

Passepartout
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Passepartout » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Nah not help but hanks. But still did not think it was right for Devon to really make him miss out on dates or vacations. When he worked very hard and the only thing Devon did was giving him more work.

And in the Ice Bandits was in season 3. But still not having a day off and to force them to attend a charity thing, when really need to Devon crossed a line. But agree with him on the father-son relationship there as both mellowed out.
AUTUMN WINDS!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:02 am

Passepartout wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:16 am
I thought at times he was giving Michael way too much work. Liked Devon at first. But then Michael was giving way too much with having to cancel his plans like vacation or a date. And there was a time when he worked sixteen days straight and Devon would not let him have a day off

Devon became a major league bleep as the series went on and really did not treat Michael well at times. Both men should had come to a place of trust. And that Devon needed to at times get a life. As Devon had no life. Or that Michael should had taught him how to have one.

Yes Devon had a rough job and Michael should had threatened to quit and take Kitt with him regardless. Devon was putting a lot on Michael. He could not come or go like Kitt could. But that Michael should had really threatened to quit. Or get some backup.

Sure the FLAG was family to Michael but at times, he needed to get away like Bonnie got an apartment to get her space from FLAG. Wonder if Devon at times got to her.

Interesting take. My impression is that Devon was 2nd in command to Wilton's agenda at first. Wilton had obviously been scouting Michael for some time, perhaps even choosing the 3rd generation Trans Am as the model for K.A.R.R./K.I.T.T. because of this. Once Wilton had passed on, Devon inherited FLAG (or at least Wilton's role). With that said, in terms of business in conjunction with Michael & K.I.T.T.'s effectiveness with mission successes, Devon bestowed heavier responsibilities upon Michael & K.I.T.T. But with that said, simultaneously he grew to care more and more for Michael to the point where he stated he "loved Michael as a son" in "The Scent Of Roses". In other words, tough love.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:59 am

Devon had' to be tough!! He was Fulfilling Wilton Knight's Vision with F.L.A.G. He Didn't Play GOD in Michael or Bonnie's Lives(What the ....?), in The Scent of Roses), Devon said He cared for Michael like a Son.