Its all interpretation (Knight Rider 2000 The Motion Picture

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

March2875
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by March2875 » Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:59 pm

I hope this is a 100% fresh discussion about something from the KR world.

Ive always wondered how other people interpreted the line in Knight Rider 2000 just before Michael punches out Maddock when Maddock says "The only thing worse is the pathetic effort Devon put into rebuilding you" Referring to Michael when He was leaving FLAG after Devon's murder. I assumed there was two ways to interpret it.

1. If you were seeing KR for the first time ever you would interpret it as Devon wasted his time bringing Michael back to FLAG for this movie mission.

2. If your a fan from the original series you might interpret it as Devon and Wilton wasted time and effort saving Michael Long's life and making him Michael Knight to begin with.

This is how I took it.

Am I alone in anaylizing this line and therefore nuts putting this much thought into this, or has everyone thought about this at one time or another?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:02 pm

That same line has set my mind off into a thought wonderland at times. I think it has a double meaning as you have brought up. It was that thing that could have been aimed at both the old and the new fans.

knightimmortal

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:29 pm

This is how I interpret it...

We all know how Devon highly regarded Michael towards the end of the series, so no doubt he would have told Maddock about Michael and etc.

When Maddock meets Michael, we see this because he tells Devon that Michael is not exactly Devon led him to believe he'd be.

Maddock must have heard of this hero behind the wheel of the world's most awesome car, and then to see a burnt out drunk fisherman instead.

His line about Devon's pathetic effort seems to be a stab at Michael himself, seeing that Devon made such an effort to rebuild Michael, just to have Michael fail and burn out eight years later.

That's how the KR2K resident sees it anyways...

What does everyone else think?

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by March2875:
<STRONG>I hope this is a 100% fresh discussion about something from the KR world.

Ive always wondered how other people interpreted the line in Knight Rider 2000 just before Michael punches out Maddock when Maddock says "The only thing worse is the pathetic effort Devon put into rebuilding you" Referring to Michael when He was leaving FLAG after Devon's murder. I assumed there was two ways to interpret it.

1. If you were seeing KR for the first time ever you would interpret it as Devon wasted his time bringing Michael back to FLAG for this movie mission.

2. If your a fan from the original series you might interpret it as Devon and Wilton wasted time and effort saving Michael Long's life and making him Michael Knight to begin with.

This is how I took it.

Am I alone in anaylizing this line and therefore nuts putting this much thought into this, or has everyone thought about this at one time or another?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:50 am

The way i see it Deven broght Micheal back to help Flag becomea freelance agency with the 4000 but Micheal was burnt out and lost his perpuise. Deven knew one person he trusted when Daneles and Mayor abbey sand about the car. So in my opinion Maddick did not see throw Micheal the way the orogonal Knight Rider Team knew him. Bonnie and RC moved on when Micheal left and KITT in the storge.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:47 am

Ummm...

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>The way i see it Deven broght Micheal back to help Flag becomea freelance agency with the 4000 but Micheal was burnt out and lost his perpuise. Deven knew one person he trusted when Daneles and Mayor abbey sand about the car. So in my opinion Maddick did not see throw Micheal the way the orogonal Knight Rider Team knew him. Bonnie and RC moved on when Micheal left and KITT in the storge.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:17 am

i think it's a definite nob back to the original series. there were enough nods like that that tried to make the movie a fan's movie (it was made only a few years after kr's cancellation remember, so it wasn't being aimed at a whole new generation of possible fans, really)... unfortunately it failed in my opinion, but it was a valiant attempt and nice to have little references like that without patronizing the established fanbase with scenes and scenes of exposition.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:52 pm

Actually it was made 5 years after KR's cancellation.

And it was aimed at a new generation of fans since it was supposed to be a pilot for a new series to revive the KR franchise. But they still had enough throwback references to catch the eye of the audience that had come in from the 'reunion movie' aspect. It was probably the best attempt to go back to the original that there has been. Too bad they too way too much creative license in it.

knightimmortal

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:45 pm

well you are right Laura and well they did to a mistake on the plot. See what should have happend show a clip of the old series and remeber on GhostBusters 2 with the black screen and it said 5 YEARS LATER wel since MIcheal left in 1990 why not they have a black screen and it said 10 Years Later.......

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:09 pm

Maybe because the opening shot read February 19, 2000 and most people can do math.

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>well you are right Laura and well they did to a mistake on the plot. See what should have happend show a clip of the old series and remeber on GhostBusters 2 with the black screen and it said 5 YEARS LATER wel since MIcheal left in 1990 why not they have a black screen and it said 10 Years Later.......</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:18 am

Not most! and no...that doesn't include me.

Skav

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 7:52 am

Im hoping that the new movie will spark lots of renewed interest into the Knight Rider franchise. Id like to see sequels, perhaps continuations of KR2000 and TKR as well as possibly even another KR series from scratch. The Star Trek franchise had 6 films based on the original 7 if you count Generations. Which sparked Star Trek the Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and now Enterprise. So that is my dream for this KR Movie. Would anyone like that to be the outcome as well?

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:14 am

yeh i can see your point laura, i just figured that five years is still a bit close to be hoping to bring in a whole new generation, but i guess that's why they included so many throwbacks. maybe too many for the new generation? and too much creative licence for the fans?

March, yeh it would be cool to see a whole knight rider franchise in 10 to 15 years, but it's kinda cool to be along for the ride and see where all this will go. one thing i'm sure of is that we're all in for the long haul here on this board to see where knight rider goes. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Knight Ryda1
Volunteer

Post by Knight Ryda1 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:41 pm

All I wanna do is forget that horrible movie.
That movie did the Knight Rider legacy no justice. As far as tkr goes I don't really care for that either.