Netflix Episodes

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Netflix Episodes

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Just checked out Netflix's Knight Rider episodes out of curiosity to see if they contain the 2 omitted Prince songs from "White-Line Warriors," "Knight Of the Drones" and "Dead Of Knight." Turns out none of those episodes are available for streaming, so I couldn't confirm anything.

There is, however, the missing teaser for "The Scent Of Roses" and the Season 4 opening credit sequences are framed properly and not overcropped like they are on the DVDs. "Knight Song" wasn't available for streaming to confirm if the missing teaser was there or not. So it would appear that Netflix's episodes are not the same transfers from the NBC Universal DVDs. While all of the non-streaming episodes are available to be sent on DVD, I see no reason why the DVDs would be anything other than the standard Universal ones available in stores.

While I was at it, I also checked out Quantum Leap on Netflix and the episodes have all original music intact, unlike most of the DVDs. In that case, the picture and audio transfers were exactly the same as the DVD sets (other peculiar errors were on Netflix's episodes just as the DVDs). So that leads me to believe the episodes were provided directly from NBC Universal's stock before they butchered the episodes for the DVD releases.

Apparently shows hosted on major Web sites are not applicable to the music copyright laws in the original contracts...
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: