why cant david hasselhoff be in the new series?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knight56
Rookie

why cant david hasselhoff be in the new series?

Post by knight56 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:15 pm

why cant david hasselhoff be in the new series? who is not letting him or why wont they let him?

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: why cant david hasselhoff be in the new series?

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:30 pm

From what we know he has a conflicting schedule and is very busy at the moment. GST (Gary Scott Thompson) who is leading this series really wants him back but only for a specific reason and make it a two part or a big one parter. So far nothing is written with him in it but both GST and Hasselhoff wish to have MK on the show.

Hope that helps!

Joe

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:31 pm

I get the impression that GST wants specifically DH back and not just the character of the original MK (remember the last episode of TKR and you get my drift...)

which is a good thing...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:01 pm

knight56 wrote:why cant david hasselhoff be in the new series? who is not letting him or why wont they let him?
Let's not jump the gun here. I'm confident that David will be back at some point if the series gets renewed beyond the initial 13 episodes. Given that Gary Scott Thompson has stated that he'd only like to bring back Michael Knight if the story properly leads to his return, he may need more than 13 episodes to develop a proper arc with all of the other ideas he seems to have so far.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:14 pm

Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:21 am

they shouldnt be doing any episodes without david

Lameth1
Recruit

Post by Lameth1 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:54 am

DH was busy, he isn't cheap, and they said he will be back after the first 8 episodes.

GST had a 4hr breakfast with him to go over the story and figure out how they could work him in.

_K.I.R.R_
Volunteer

Post by _K.I.R.R_ » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:54 pm

knight56 wrote:why cant david hasselhoff be in the new series? who is not letting him or why wont they let him?
he is didnt you see the ending of the premier? he showed up and they are actually talking about having them put the old K.I.T.T. back together and team up with the new K.I.T.T. :kitt: :kittx:
my family of cars knight industries roving robot, knight industries lone loathing electronic robot, Dynamic Automated Robot Karr Utility System, Dynamic Electronic Automated Two Hundred.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:26 am

You mean, as the main star? Surely you don't mean that.

if so, personally my answer is..."DUDE HE IS 56!!!!"

I mean seriously...don't take this the wrong way, I am a Knight Rider fan too obviously, and of DH too, but who wants to see an old man with plastic surgery and Botox running around in a trans am? Don't you guys who want D.H. to be the star of the show realize he has aged in the past 20 years????????? :roll: Yes, you CAN have KR without him being the driver of the car.

Captain Kirk became an admiral, surely MK has advanced in rank over the years and probably retired eventually, maybe the occasional mission for the foundation.
The active duty Army has changed the mandatory retirement/separation age for active duty soldiers from age 55 to age 62, according to MILPER Message 06/104. In January, the Army changed their maximum enlistment age from 34 to 39. The change to the maximum separation/retirement age will allow soldiers who enlist at ages greater than 34 to obtain 20 years of service, which is required for active duty retirement pay.
from usmilitary.about.com

Did you guys notice his cheeks in the back door pilot? What was up with that, he was sucking them in, or he had surgery with bad results?

I'm guessing MK would eventually retire. KITT is immortal but Michael is not. We need a young guy to be the driver of the new KITT.

(I edited to explain my comments a little more)

ilana
Rookie

Post by ilana » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:47 am

Don't you guys who want D.H. to be the star of the show realize he has aged in the past 20 years?????????
Yeah, of cause. And I have to say I like his present look. :D Absolutely. :good: No more comments.

Well, I'm glad to hear the news... I'll keep my fingers crossed. Lets see how the things will take a turn.

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:34 am

Actually I heard that Hasselhoff wanted to wear his haircut from Season 1.

....and unfortunately he'd be too tall to fit on the screen with the other actors due to the big hair.

We have to wait for the next generation of 16:12 TVs (to replace the current 16:9 HDTVs) to debut to be able to display Hasselhoff's season 1 hair properly -- Not enough headroom with the current 16:9 sets.

Just kidding, Hasselhoff is busy working on another rap album.

Kidding again, I'm sure he'll show up this season.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:11 am

I don't think Hasselhoff is too busy for the new Knight Rider. The producers must have told him to get off their back until they can find a proper way to "induce" him in the show. After all, bringing back Knight Rider was Hasselhoffs idea and to exclude him from the show is not only a way to add gas on fire but also very rude to someone who made Knight Rider so popular til this date.
Sure, they might bring him back for a couple episodes or so but that's it! They will probably have him killed in action or in the arms of Justin just to make us stop nagging about him so they can continue with their show without Hasselhoff in the way! This is what pissed me off inte the first place and as I told you guys earlier, the car is fine and we can get used to it once we've seen it in action; nevertheless, they should have stayed with Hasselhoff and the original voice of Kitt! I don't care if this show is a so called remake of the old Knight Rider. Hasselhoff didn't mean for it to be so either, he wanted a followup of the original series as he wasn't happy with Knight Rider 2000.

The producers stole his idea and turned it into something between the Transformers and the Citroën commercial... :evil:
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:42 am

I think that out of respect david should be in the lead role for the first 13 episodes

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:57 am

I think, if at all possible, he should be able to be a part of the new series. After all, he was one of the reasons why that show became as popular as it did. And I think it wouldn't be KR if he wasn't in it in some way or fashion.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:51 am

seeker78 wrote:
You mean, as the main star? Surely you don't mean that.

if so, personally my answer is..."DUDE HE IS 56!!!!"

I mean seriously...don't take this the wrong way, I am a Knight Rider fan too obviously, and of DH too, but who wants to see an old man with plastic surgery and Botox running around in a trans am?
If Stallone, who is 61, can play a boxer at his age and go the distance in the fight, I'm sure a 56 yo Hasselhoff can drive a car and do a bit of hand and feet combat.

The role isn't that physical.

The only thing that would worry me is seeing Hasselhoff get the girl at the end, it would be a bit gross seeing him kiss a 20 something girl at the end.

But yeah, he could do it. Age doesn't come into it when all you are doing is pushing a few buttons and talking in a car seat.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:03 am

Nevermind the girl! We are talking about his overall performance in the show...

When I first heard about the new Knight Rider franchise I was very happy and all I could think of was how cool it would be to see Hasselhoff and Kitt together AGAIN after almost 30 YEARS and now sadly you've got to bring age in to it :(
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:21 am

This is the real Knight Rider:

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:36 am

And yet, so is this. :good: ;)

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:39 am

I'm afraid so, yes...

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:40 am

There's no reason to be afraid, Mike Traceur will do a fantasic job filling his father's shoes. :good:

Matt

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:49 am

Heh, if only half of that was true I'd be jumping off my chair right now... :D

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:54 am

:lol:

Seriously though, I'd at least give him a chance. I know he's not our Michael Knight from childhood, but Justin appears to have done a lot of training to ensure that he's fully equiped for taking on David's mantle, so I think that in many respects, it's only fair to at least give him a chance to prove himself beyond the original pilot, since he was injured during the filming of that. :good:

Matt

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:57 am

there is only one micheal knight

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:04 am

That's currently true FX, there is only one Michael Knight, as until the 24th September, the other Knight Rider is called Mike Traceur. :good:

Matt

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:12 am

no, there is only one real micheal knight, dont settle for anything less