Newest Knight Rider Teaser 2/8/08

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Newest Knight Rider Teaser 2/8/08

Post by msKEN » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Gs6f5pb5s

Enjoy. There were actually 3 new teasers tonight. If you guys want me to upload them let me know.... might be best to wait for Neil though... we had storm warnings all night which I cut off the bottom of the trailer.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ckeller22
Operative

Re: Newest Knight Rider Teaser 2/8/08

Post by ckeller22 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:05 pm

Thanks MsKen. I told Neil about it I saw it during American Gladiators unfortunately I don't have a DVR player and Neil said his went on the frits but will continue to try to get it if it re airs tonight.

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:10 pm

Awesome. I love the humor. Looks like Mike and KITT throw shots at each other just like the old series.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:14 pm

Hey Ken - Thanks for this. As ckeller said it went on the fritz. Michael is going to capture it on the west coast feed (gotta love time zones sometimes!)

I question your comment about the three total new commercials. From what I saw it was this one that I missed, the KITT is Back one - and the one that KITT looks like a Car commercial.

Can you see if I'm missing any of the ones you saw here? http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?u ... ideronline

Thanks!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:22 pm

Hey Neil,

The "KITT is back" that aired tonight was slightly different. Not by much but at least 30%. It showed a lot more of the interactive tv screen or dash or whatever the heck it is. And the second one was the promo commercial for winning your own GT500 KR. I guess you really can't call that a teaser though. Either way I have them all in 1900X1200 HD if you guys want them, but like I said.... we are having a nasty storm so the bottom portion that I cut out is displaying school closures and so on. So better luck to Mike!

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:23 pm

I only saw that one new one and the KITT is back and the one where KITT is talking about himself while i was watching tonight. Bummer :( Looks like snow and ice rain coming our way to NY.Whoops edit-They did show at the end of one the contest of winning your own KR500 courtesy of Ford and NBC.Forgot that.

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 pm

so the latest one posted is that with Val's voice or not?
--knightman--

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:41 pm

Here is the KITT is Back part 2 trailer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X9p8GdYtBU

For some reason the audio went out of sync but it should prove my point that it was different lol.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:50 pm

ah - that 2nd link actually looks pretty spot on for this one we posted last week - can anyone confirm?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xmw9pgy5Mg

but the first one is still gold! thanks!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:12 am

Your right Neil, they are the same. Guess I missed that one hehehe oh well can't sue me for trying. :lol:

Here is the KITT Give away promo.... unless this is old too, if it is my apologies and I'll give up while I'm ahead by one... :oops: lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL2sSiyGv18

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:20 am

Yeah that one is the same teaser from last week. The first one is obviously new, so thanks msKen for that, the contest one is too. :D

So, the car takes damage at least to the wind shield with just bullet fire and heals very quickly. Hmmm, on one hand I can live with it since it absorbs the energy of the bullet and prevents ricochets, something that at least was shown in the original pilot to be a problem but I don't recall it ever being shown again aside from people saying the bullets were like they were bouncing off the car, certainly safer if anything. Also looks like the car does absorb some of the impact from the SUV hitting it. On the other hand it's still weird that it would barely move and what kind of limitations would this put in place? I kind of considered the original KITT to be a bit like Pre-Crisis Superman, I guess the new KITT would seemingly fall along the lines of Post-Crisis incarnation in some aspects though missing certain abilities associated with KITT/Superman, I could make a Turbo Boost/Flying comparison but I... Whoops just did, oh well. Superman's power levels and abilities increased over the last couple decades to where now they're building Superman back up to his pre-Crisis self in some ways or were, I haven't read a Superman comic in the last several months. Anyway, it was a very good teaser hopefully the TV movie is too and shows potential as long as they didn't screw up on a KR2000 level, heh.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:11 am

Awesome preview. All these previews keep showing more and more and more of the telepic, and I almost feel as if I've seen clips of every single scene. I don't know if I want to know any more 'til it airs so as not to ruin the element of surprise.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:24 am

So no more shower of sparks flying off the car when people shoot at it? Awww, I'm gonna miss that. :(

Still, it was a pretty cool clip otherwise. Can't wait for Sunday.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:32 am

Did anyone else notice that in one shot it looks like Mike is coming out in the parking garage of the Montesito from Las Vegas? I hope they do some sort of crossover for next seasons premier of Las Vegas to promote the series if it gets that far.

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:12 am

Another cool preview that gets me even more hyped for this film!
Since the commercials are becoming more and more revealing, I think I should stop watching them, although that will be hard.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:55 am

The way I view the damage aspect is that it’s due to the nano skin. Since this is a new feature for Knight Industries, we can safely assume that the car itself is virtually indestructible thanks to the collision with the SUV. However, the nano skin, being comprised of billions upon billions of tiny nanites, would give off the brief appearance of taking damage, as any physical objects impacting the skin would shift the nanites out of their pre-established composition, which would also then give off the impression that the skin is healing itself as the nanites realign themselves.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Hello Sarah trailer!

Post by GarthKnight08 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:28 am

My god this is going to be awesome! Just hearing the music in the backround was enough to get me all fired up! I gotta calm down im wigging out lol! Just got to tell myself only 5 more days!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:51 am

What a great commercial. Had me cracking up, especially the part where Mike gets squished against the window. :lol:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Re: Hello Sarah trailer!

Post by knightendo_phil » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:16 am

I'm surprised no one else has commented on this superb clip yet!! Action, heart, humour. Always what Hasselhoff swore by and it looks like this new series will have it in droves. Happy days indeed! Gonna email Sky and see if they know anything about when it'll reach these shores (they sometimes print such letters in their magazines well in advance of any advertising so there's a chance they'll share) and I simply can't wait!

Ooh, quick edit: Forgot to say that the voice modulator (or vox box as it was called in the books) is spot-on. Loving it! I can't fault this movie from what I've seen and heard so far, I have to say. The VM gives KITT more depth I think. The way it looks when he says "I do not kid", when he says "kid" it feels like it's something said through the side of the mouth, gives that sentence more oomph and it's all thanks to the VM, it would've felt different otherwise. KITT's original VM simply implied a mouth opening and closing, this one (which is a million miles away from the one in KR2000) adds even more emphasis and character to his speech!
"I got better things to do tonight than die."