Knight Rider Pilot DVD free with purchase

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Taichi
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider Pilot DVD free with purchase

Post by Taichi » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:30 pm

I snagged one at my local Sam Goody. I know Bruce there and have bought a lot of stuff from them. He was surprised at the promotion as he didn't know about it yet, but after I asked him about it and told him what was going on, he said that he had some in stock, but didn't realize just yet they were for a promotion. He said that since I used to buy so much and my wife and I come in regularly that he gave me one for free... my jaw had to be picked up and carried off.

I didn't expect that, and it felt good, being nice and making friendships with stores like that sometimes warrants gifts... let's just say that my next few movie purchases will be through him...

KnightRiderFan1051
Recruit

Post by KnightRiderFan1051 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:10 pm

I love the DVD and damn you for getting it completely FREE grrr LOL

but still as I've stated in the other posts in this thread I didn't mind shelling out $31.83 for L&O SVU The First Year I love SVU so I wanted to start collecting those DVD sets anyways. Still wish the rest of the features that were Originally Planned for the KR2008 Movie DVD were there but I'm happy with just having it on DVD without commericals lol!!
Mike B
KnightRiderFan1051

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:39 am

It should be a blue ray disc too...I guess that will come out in the future :)

Was it presented in HDTV on broadcast? I've been having trouble getting broadcast signals from my room, and our DirecTV and cable hookups here are standard definition.

--Brian

KnightRiderFan1051
Recruit

Post by KnightRiderFan1051 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:49 pm

I have no idea what it was broadcast in I have DIRECTV SD as well I would upgrade to the HD DVR they have but that means I lose all my programs on my current SD DVR ugh anyways I'm just happy to have the thing on DVD regardless of if it's HD or not.

on a side note I'd like to thank everyone who posted here didn't think a topic even as cool as this one was would get 2 pages of responses thanks everybody and glad I could spread the news of the FREE DVD promotion.
Mike B
KnightRiderFan1051

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:45 pm

I received my order from FYE - and there was no FREE DVD included! I'm quite annoyed and will email them and return this disc if nothing come of it. Really really annoyed.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:35 pm

You might need to bust some heads, probably a few knee caps too. Show them you mean business! :D
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:33 pm

Mine came without one in it too, fortunately I also got it from a local store. I contacted them by email but then realized a few days later the auto response they sent me said “we are taking no more action.” I tried calling them as well but they tell me you have to do it over email. …I sent another email.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:35 am

I just picked mine up at the local FYE. I was like " I know I might sound like a geek, but I am huge KR Fan and I need that DVD!". also I was like "can I get that poster" but they didn't have any extra :(, I am going to watch it later tonight! Luckily I was with my g/f and I bought her Sex and the City Season and they threw it in with that without having to buy those other seasons, I can't believe I saw KR advertised and "Holy KITT"!

Joe

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:31 am

Well I finally received my response from fye.
Please note the information from the website appears as such for this promotion.

Free Gift: Order now (new) and you'll receive ...........................to ship separately within 4-5 weeks. Limit 3 per household. While supplies last.

We do not have any information as to who gets these or not since they are shipped from a different location. You may contact them at "promotions@fye.com", for further answers to your questions.

If we can be of further assistance, please reply to this email or reach us via the fye.com Customer Support line at
1-800-818-1941
Well I certainly don’t see that information posted on their website, but I shall sit here patiently and hope… but I strongly recommend going to the store instead.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:53 pm

Sue wrote:Well I finally received my response from fye.
Please note the information from the website appears as such for this promotion.

Free Gift: Order now (new) and you'll receive ...........................to ship separately within 4-5 weeks. Limit 3 per household. While supplies last.

We do not have any information as to who gets these or not since they are shipped from a different location. You may contact them at "promotions@fye.com", for further answers to your questions.

If we can be of further assistance, please reply to this email or reach us via the fye.com Customer Support line at
1-800-818-1941
Well I certainly don’t see that information posted on their website, but I shall sit here patiently and hope… but I strongly recommend going to the store instead.
Ugh. Good thing the store is local for you. I stopped in my local f.y.e. today and got a copy with a purchase of Season 1 of Jericho.

Also, as a reminder to those still looking for a revised Season 3 set, I checked again for the heck of it and they had one on the shelf again.

Now, I'm off to check out that commentary.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

GhstbstrLMLIII
Volunteer

Post by GhstbstrLMLIII » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:16 pm

I picked my copy up tonight. I didn't even know about it until I saw the add in the store. I asked the manager if I could just buy the KR dvd and was told a polite no. He said that it rings up as 1 cent, which they then discount if you have bought something else - hince the promotion. He then mentioned though, that since he was the manager, he was able to give it away with a purchase and said if I bought any TV box set or new release, he would let me have the KR dvd. I picked up Iron Man - which was "on sale" for 19.99 and marked for a mail in rebate of 7 bucks. I asked the guy if it would qualify and he said sure. So I paid 21.64 total, but still get the $7 rebate by mail. Both movies for 12.99 + tax works for me!!

Moral of the story: It never hurts to ask. :good:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:07 pm

Good news! I just got my DVD of the BD pilot in the mail today. It came separately many weeks later. The store promotion is now over but if you are still waiting there is some hope.