1/18 Die Cast KITT Coming In December

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by andy-kitt » Sun May 29, 2005 12:25 pm

HondaSiR wrote:ERTL probably received many complaints regarding the orange foglamps so they replaced them with clear ones. They could have done better by also altering several other features (such as the blocky sideview mirrors and incorrect tail lights) but its a welcome change nonetheless.
Whats wrong with the tail lights? The reason for the black dots on the new lights is that they are painted silver from behind rather than clear with a silver reflector behind them like on the earlier model.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun May 29, 2005 12:46 pm

andy-kitt wrote:Whats wrong with the tail lights?
The tail light assembly on the ERTL KITT (and the Aoshima KITT/KARR) resembles that of a 1985-1989 Firebird...with a rounded out surface. For an accurate model, it should be flat.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sun May 29, 2005 9:11 pm

Pierre wrote:where did you buy the cases for the cars?
I pick them up at Wal-Mart for about $8.00 each (Canadian) everytime I get a new car.

KITT MARK 2
Recruit

Post by KITT MARK 2 » Mon May 30, 2005 1:58 am

I need me one of those multi-car display cases. Not only does it save some serious space but accomdates one such as myself which has eyes bigger than his room. Until I get one I'm holding off getting KITT amongst other die-casts.
--KNIGHT INDUSTRIES TEN THOUSAND

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:31 am

TurbomanKnight wrote:RIP- 1/18 Diecast Kitt Coming In December, Thread. You will be missed.

Don't worry turbomanknight.I feel the thread has served it's main purpose.If there are still knight rider fans who don't who about the Ertl cars yet they need to crawl out of the rock the live under :lol:

MiKA-
Volunteer

Post by MiKA- » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:28 pm

KITTfan wrote:
MiKA- wrote:Excuse me, but does somebody know can i get that mini-model of KITT from somewhere Finland? Thanks!
I got mine from Collectors Modeltoys, it's a finnish company and trustworthy. My model was delivered fast, well packaged and they also kept me informed very well.
http://www.multi.fi/~model/inde.htm

-KITTfan-
They are sold out from Collectors Modeltoys now, so does somebody know some othere place in Finland/Sweden from where i could maybe get my copy of K.I.T.T. too? And that 55€ would have been little expensive, i think..

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:38 pm

I guess the only way to get it then is from ebay unless of course modeltoys will get later more models for sale.
Took by the way some new photos of my model, KITT in the sunset:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/dc ... etkitt.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/dc ... tkitt2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/dc ... tkitt3.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/dc ... tkitt4.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/dc ... tkitt5.jpg

-KITTfan-

KnightBuck
Volunteer

Post by KnightBuck » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:07 am

is this the model of the season 1 or season 3-4 k.i.t.t?

KnightBuck
Volunteer

Post by KnightBuck » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:11 am

Apparantly you can get mods for the scanner light at the front from Knightlight.co.uk so it leaves a trail behind instead of a single led.

you can get ones for kitt or the new karr model

but i'm not sure if its for this model size or another.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:12 am

Season 1/2.
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:18 am

I have got him, finally, from EBay. Kitt cost me 68 EUROs, but I think it was a good buy considering I live in Hungary and the company who selled Kitt to me is in Bayreuth, Germany. The scale-model is cool, but has some minor flaws wich can be easily corrected with a steady hand. First of all, I painted the front scanner with a few layers transparent red (Humbrol clear colour red that is). After that, I rubbed though it with a cloth wet with paint remover. This helps the paint to get a "fogged" state and after that, the scanner has some "fading" effect. The second thing is those lights before the front wheels. The model has orange but they're yellow originnaly so I used Revell Email Colour Number 12 Yellow on them and voila, it's just like on TV. And finally, the dashboard hasn't got the voice modulator and the mode displays. I printed it out on a piece of sticky note and inserted it. I have changed the dashboard too, so it fits the dash in my fanfictions, but that's just my crazy brainchild.
Anyway, buy Kitt because the model is freakin' cool and with a steady hand, you can make it the EXACT scale replica of TV's finest car.

Knight9766
Volunteer

Post by Knight9766 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:30 pm

KITTfan
Operative

Posted: Aug 19, 2005 3:38 pm Post subject:
I guess the only way to get it then is from ebay unless of course modeltoys will get later more models for sale.
Took by the way some new photos of my model, KITT in the sunset:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/dc ... etkitt.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/dc ... tkitt2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/dc ... tkitt3.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/dc ... tkitt4.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/dc ... tkitt5.jpg

-KITTfan-
Wow KITTfan those are really nice shots...

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:42 am

Thanks Knight9766 :)

To Finnish members looking for the KITT model:
Seems it's available again at Collector's Modeltoys, price is 55€:
http://www.multi.fi/~model/uutuudet.html
(scroll down to the ERTL list)
33844 Knight Rider Kit Trans Am 55 €
Here's the mainpage address:
http://www.multi.fi/~model/index.htm

-KITTfan-

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:41 am

HungarianKnight wrote:I have got him, finally, from EBay. Kitt cost me 68 EUROs, but I think it was a good buy considering I live in Hungary and the company who selled Kitt to me is in Bayreuth, Germany. The scale-model is cool, but has some minor flaws wich can be easily corrected with a steady hand. First of all, I painted the front scanner with a few layers transparent red (Humbrol clear colour red that is). After that, I rubbed though it with a cloth wet with paint remover. This helps the paint to get a "fogged" state and after that, the scanner has some "fading" effect. The second thing is those lights before the front wheels. The model has orange but they're yellow originnaly so I used Revell Email Colour Number 12 Yellow on them and voila, it's just like on TV. And finally, the dashboard hasn't got the voice modulator and the mode displays. I printed it out on a piece of sticky note and inserted it. I have changed the dashboard too, so it fits the dash in my fanfictions, but that's just my crazy brainchild.
Anyway, buy Kitt because the model is freakin' cool and with a steady hand, you can make it the EXACT scale replica of TV's finest car.
Pictures, dude, pictures!

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:56 pm

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:43 pm

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:50 pm

Chrome KITT looks like a Cylon. :D

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:57 am

Chrome KITT looks almost like Junkyard Dog KITT after the acid bath, execpt it's too shiny :lol:
Here's a pic about my model after I painted the rims and trunk + doorsill:
Used Humbrol enamel 63 matt for the trunk and Humbrol matblack 33 for the rims (the area between the spokes). Painted the rims with sharp toothpick and the trunk + doorsills with hair pencil.
I know I wrote earlier that I don't want to make any irreversible changes to my model but changed my mind after looking so many modified KITT models all over the net, they look awesome :D

-KITTfan-

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:02 pm

Thanks KITTfan, nice to know I inspired you LOL.

You've done a great job there.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:09 am

this thread has gone for an extremely long time I am waiting to get my kitt model for christmas I know that my parents have it and are planning to give it to me.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:55 am

I think if the "bowling ball caps" of the new chromed K.I.T.T. were chromed as well, I'd probably look to pick it up. It just looks odd with the black wheels.

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:24 pm

PBH wrote:I think if the "bowling ball caps" of the new chromed K.I.T.T. were chromed as well, I'd probably look to pick it up. It just looks odd with the black wheels.
The black wing vents look worse LOL

mike27uk
Stranger

Post by mike27uk » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:45 pm

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I couldn't face trawling through 59 pages to find out.

I just got the ERTL model and am having trouble with the grappling hook. If I pull it out it will spring back, but it moves very jerkily and sometimes gets stuck and won't go back at all. Also, I can't pull it out more than about halfway (I can still see loads of the string wrapped round the axle).

Are they all like this? Is there anyway around this? Sorry to ask but the box doesn't have any instructions on how to operate any of it.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:40 am

mike27uk wrote:Sorry if this has already been covered, but I couldn't face trawling through 59 pages to find out.

I just got the ERTL model and am having trouble with the grappling hook. If I pull it out it will spring back, but it moves very jerkily and sometimes gets stuck and won't go back at all. Also, I can't pull it out more than about halfway (I can still see loads of the string wrapped round the axle).

Are they all like this? Is there anyway around this? Sorry to ask but the box doesn't have any instructions on how to operate any of it.
Unfortunately they are all like that. This has been discussed before and the only solution would be to leave the grappling hook alone and not operate it. If you have already pulled it out and doesn't freely recoil back, you have to manually force it to do so with your fingernail. Very difficult to execute but it is possible.

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:17 am

Yeah, only pull out as far as the nose to show it off (you'll feel it goes tight), any further and you go past the self-coiling mechanism and then have to force it back by hand.