1/18 Die Cast KITT Coming In December

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:23 pm

The seller sent me an email at 4:07am east. This time with a tracking number. Well this one works. :roll: But he said he shjipped the model out on the 6th. But it turns out the bastard shipped it out yesterday. Negative feedback and death from me!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:38 pm

So far we have one person expcting a delivery from ths gy.I hope you recieve it soon.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:55 pm

Well fellas, I also ordered from diecastmart. I ordered K.I.T.T. December 6th, waited 3 days for my payment to clear on PayPal.com, and received an E-mail from the guy on December 10th saying the item has been shipped. The tracking number works and says it is in transit on time and that I should be receiving it on December 16. After hearing about the damaged shipments, I'm a bit worried there will be defects (fingers crossed). Maybe this has to do with other complaints of the side-view mirrors breaking off or maybe even the pedals missing?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:07 pm

Im expecting mine on the 16th too. I just hope this Jerk Off will send a good one! :x
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

focus709
Rookie

Post by focus709 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:16 pm

I recieved my KITT 5 days ago. There's a lot to be said about going through proper channels!

Besides, I've heard those guys on e-bay can now buy positive feedback. Not all can be as it seems.

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:35 pm

well mine was supposed to ship on the 13th i checked ups.com and now it says the 17th WTF :x
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:48 pm

Someone please kill this seller!!! :twisted:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

focus709
Rookie

Post by focus709 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:01 pm

I got mine from http://www.minimodelcars.com. As far as I know they are U.K. based, but worth a try.

[/list]
"A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree." Spike Milligan 1918-2002

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:01 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
imranbecks wrote:I'm really not happy abt the license plates for KITT especially after finding out that Aoshima got theirs done correctly :cry: ... Damn.. And to think now that the sticker on mine is peeling off.... Better make that double sided tape handy then :wink:

Hmmm for those with the Ertl K.I.T.T. I wonder....would it be possible to save a picture of KITT's licence plate on the computer, shrink it down to the size of the model's sticker, then print it out in color? Then neatly cut it out and tape or glue it onto the current sticker for more accuracy?
well guys i got your back here is the prototype for my correct KNIGHT plate i made the original plate and a friend of mine corrected the I in paintshop pro, and i will be printing em on decal paper in proper 1/18 scale the pic looks pixely here cause its so much bigger. but i assure you guys that when its printed and applied to the cars it will look better than the one on the current AMT/ertl model. I have done em for my 1/18 general lee, my 1/18 and 1/25 scale christines, and i plan on making a 1/25 scale version for KITT model cars as well to replace the raised lettering on the current model kits. i also have a KARR version as well please let me know via PM with your address and as soon as i have em done ill let ya know. by the way they are pre cut and on selfe adhesive shiny decal paper, just peel off and stick em on, its that easy. i will be putting the first finished one on my KITT when i get it next week :wink:

Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:49 pm

Sounds good, Dave Knight. But before you go printing them out, the "I" was not the only inaccuracy on the plate. The shade of blue is too bright (it should be navy blue and the font marigold yellow). So you might want to play around with the coloring as well if you're already going through the trouble of correcting. Actually, the licence plate sticker on the 1983 Kenner Voice Car is the most accurate sticker I've seen, even having the chrome plate frame around it, so that's a great frame of reference if you happen to own it.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:46 pm

Dave Knight wrote:well guys i got your back here is the prototype for my correct KNIGHT plate i made the original plate and a friend of mine corrected the I in paintshop pro, and i will be printing em on decal paper in proper 1/18 scale the pic looks pixely here cause its so much bigger. but i assure you guys that when its printed and applied to the cars it will look better than the one on the current AMT/ertl model. I have done em for my 1/18 general lee, my 1/18 and 1/25 scale christines, and i plan on making a 1/25 scale version for KITT model cars as well to replace the raised lettering on the current model kits. i also have a KARR version as well please let me know via PM with your address and as soon as i have em done ill let ya know. by the way they are pre cut and on selfe adhesive shiny decal paper, just peel off and stick em on, its that easy. i will be putting the first finished one on my KITT when i get it next week :wink
I am definitely interested in your customized 1/25 AMT KITT and 1/18 ERTL KITT plates, Dave Knight! When they are ready, please post it here in the main forum so that all of us will know. :D

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:04 pm

mine now shows that it is in transit and is going to be at my door on the 17th. that is pretty damn impressive being as he told me it was sent on the 5th. it better not have the slightest damn crease on the box or this assclown will be getting it back and returning my payment in full!!!!

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:13 pm

pewter 02ws6 wrote:mine now shows that it is in transit and is going to be at my door on the 17th. that is pretty damn impressive being as he told me it was sent on the 5th. it better not have the slightest damn crease on the box or this assclown will be getting it back and returning my payment in full!!!!
DITTO! :twisted:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Squealer
Volunteer

Post by Squealer » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:23 pm

Erm... Was wondering if you guys experience paint slips or scratches on these die-cast... Anyway to rectify this problem?

Squealer
Volunteer

Post by Squealer » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:30 pm

Also... How do you guys managed the removable top on KITT? It does not stay in place and keep dropping. I had to resort to putting both pieces into the boot!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:41 pm

Squealer wrote:Also... How do you guys managed the removable top on KITT? It does not stay in place and keep dropping. I had to resort to putting both pieces into the boot!
I would suggest putting a thin piece of black electrical tape right down the middle part of the t-top brace. Looks cool and the plastic covers won't slip off easily.

As for the paint chip, you can return the model to the point of purchase and have it replaced. Or you can touch it up using a small brush and gloss black paint (or whatever color you need) from your local hobby store.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:49 pm

As a point of interest, the removable T-Tops can only go on one side.. [ie you can't swap them over].. have a play around as you might have the left side on the right side, or visa versa.

Also, I have just posted GreenPoisons images into my yahoo photos gallery on how to swap the tyres over and have the white lettering on the inside. [Aoshima models only] click linky below..

Regards
AP

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:04 am

Cool!!! The white letterings can be removed just by using an eraser!!! I think that is what ERTL did for KITT... Maybe I will consider giving it a try for my KARR... But to be honest, it looks good with the Goodyear letterings even though its not true to the show.. :wink:

Oh and I just found out that the vents behind the front wheels are painted with a matt finish on the ERTL car. On the Aoshima, they are the same as the rest of the car, very glossy..

Squealer
Volunteer

Post by Squealer » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:27 am

HondaSiR wrote:
Squealer wrote:Also... How do you guys managed the removable top on KITT? It does not stay in place and keep dropping. I had to resort to putting both pieces into the boot!
I would suggest putting a thin piece of black electrical tape right down the middle part of the t-top brace. Looks cool and the plastic covers won't slip off easily.

As for the paint chip, you can return the model to the point of purchase and have it replaced. Or you can touch it up using a small brush and gloss black paint (or whatever color you need) from your local hobby store.
Dun think I can return for an exchange... Small spots only... If they entertain small spots then day in day out they will have to entertain exchange.

Anyway I suck at painting... So... Sigh...

Squealer
Volunteer

Post by Squealer » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:48 am

Ok... Just to express my "uniquity" here. Does anyone get overly bothered by the paint app or any defects?

I am a perfectionist and always want my toys/collection to be of perfect condition. I checked through this KITT when I got it and yet when I reached home, 2 scratches, one on the left door and one in the front, near the grappling hook, and since I was damn tempted to get a second one.

But it is a very very costly thing to do... It is bothering me day and night...

kywolverine708
Recruit

Post by kywolverine708 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:49 am

Lost Knight wrote:Well fellas, I also ordered from diecastmart. I ordered K.I.T.T. December 6th, waited 3 days for my payment to clear on PayPal.com, and received an E-mail from the guy on December 10th saying the item has been shipped. The tracking number works and says it is in transit on time and that I should be receiving it on December 16. After hearing about the damaged shipments, I'm a bit worried there will be defects (fingers crossed). Maybe this has to do with other complaints of the side-view mirrors breaking off or maybe even the pedals missing?
I got my tracking number. I am supposed to receive it Monday the 13th. I hope and pray that there are not any defects. If there are, I hope it is something like the pedals. Because I can live without the pedals, sideview mirrors, t-tops or a mess up on the dash, or steering and I will be a pissed off 300lb man, and the seller will exchange it.

Squealer
Volunteer

Post by Squealer » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:51 am

Was checking out the pics... Hmm using eraser...

Anyway I found the tyres very glossy... After using eraser won't the tyres be matted?

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:25 am

imranbecks wrote:Oh and I just found out that the vents behind the front wheels are painted with a matt finish on the ERTL car. On the Aoshima, they are the same as the rest of the car, very glossy..
Very interesting, I wonder why ERTL elected not to paint it gloss black and left it at bare plastic. They probably cut a corner here, to save production costs. I'll decide later if I will paint mine gloss black...mark one point against ERTL on this one.

greenpoison
Volunteer

Post by greenpoison » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:53 am

MrPayner wrote:As a point of interest, the removable T-Tops can only go on one side.. [ie you can't swap them over].. have a play around as you might have the left side on the right side, or visa versa.

Also, I have just posted GreenPoisons images into my yahoo photos gallery on how to swap the tyres over and have the white lettering on the inside. [Aoshima models only] click linky below..

Regards
AP
Thank you AP, for hosting my pic's! I hope they are helpfull for the other guys! Also i hope, that all the other ones get their KR´s soon as possible without any flaws or damages!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:28 am

I really don't recommend using an eraser to get rid of the white lettering. The friction from the eraser rubs off part of the rubber on the tires and leaves scuff marks on the originally glossy tires. I recommend using paint thinner and lightly rubbing the paint off with a soft cloth. In certain angles you can clearly see the scuffs. Also, I wouldn't even bother messing around and turning the tires inside out as you might stretch the rubber or possibly even break the wheel itself trying to get it off. Just use paint thinner!

Squealer- You have every right to be upset about any defect whatsoever on the models. I bought the Motor Max 1999 Trans Am Ram Air and it had a slight paint chip over a front wheel well. I simply took a black permanent marker and dabbed the spot with it, basically coloring the grey metal underneath black. If it weren't for the fact that I knew the chip was there to begin with, I would have not noticed it. Just an idea.
Last edited by Lost Knight on Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.