Site Banner Ads - A Reminder

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Site Banner Ads - A Reminder

Post by neps » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:10 am

I just wanted to bring this old post to everyones attention, since there are some new faces that may be wondering:
Posted: Aug 09, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: site banner ads

hey everyone,

in order to help promote communites grow I have enabled the ability to have a web banner of your site displayed in the message boards. it costs nothing to you, its just free promotion.

Later today I will provide you with a link where you can request your site to be included. All requests are subject to approval by me.

the banner will have to be 468x60 in size, and reside on your own server. I may allow you to store it here, I just have to work that out.

IT MUST BE KNIGHT RIDER RELATED. Fan fic sites, other kr sites, car mod sites are accepted (also cast or crew pages). personal pages are not. It can be in either gif or jpeg form, but it can not be an animated gif. I hate those things.

http://www.knightrideronline.com/cgi-bin/ads_admin.pl

goto that link and enter an account name and password in the middle section to create a new account. fill out the fields inside and submit it, you're all set!

all submissions are subject to approval. modifications at a later date makes it so the link wont work until it is approved again, so be careful!

At any time you can go into that same url, log in with your username and password, and see what the stats have been like for your password. not that usefull, but interesting none the less!

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:17 am

Thanks for the info. As soon as I have my next computer that I am getting, and once I have it hooked up to the net - I will most deffinitly take advantage of this offer. But first I will need to remember how to make a site and then get my computer onto the net. But like I said - Thanks for the info. :)

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:40 pm

Useful info :)

kitt-x
Rookie

Post by kitt-x » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:50 pm

Thanks neps, I was just wondering about that.

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:51 pm

The banner ad is my single biggest source of hits, so it's been very helpful to my site. Thanks for hosting them, Neil.

KTfanfic
Recruit

Post by KTfanfic » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:00 pm

I just got my banner up and it is very cool to see it up there! :D