New idea for KITT's voice box

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Karl Siniak
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Karl Siniak » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:34 pm

The "face" idea has already been used in the Disney film Inspector Gadget. Unlike the cartoon, his car "The Gadget Mobile" got a computer personality similar style to that of Kitt, although it was more humourous and talked in a more cool funky way for the kids.

The circle in the middle of the dash is where the Gadget Mobile's face would be, and it would respond to things such as when Inspector Gadget hits the screen, the face reacts to it as a punch. I feel that if the comedy Knight Rider movie had been made then this is pretty much how Kitt would've ended up. Anybody seen this movie? Its well worth a watch, a great kids film, altho the sequel having all different cast has made me not want to see that.

Oh and another thing, you might notice Coca Cola and Sprite logo's on the dash, well this car "makes coffee too" as it were. It sort of has an on board vending machine, which also gives out those sweets "Skittles" hehe.

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:09 pm

Just so long as K.I.T.T.'s dash doesn't look anything like that, I'll be somewhat happy. I prefer it the way that it was in the tv show. Just make things a bit better - like have some of them actually work!! :lol: :wink:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:18 pm

I agree with RJ on this. :) That skiddilie-car is a bit "much" - and that purple interior uh... :) Well, if you love purple you'd go NUTS over this car! What's the exterior look like? I'm curious.

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:50 am

I've seen the movie - the car isn't all that great. If I am not mistaken they used a 56 chevy for it and didn't do that good of a job.