Imagine Michael Knight time-traveled to 2022 and the Foundation built his new KITT out of a 2015 Civic!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Starship
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Imagine Michael Knight time-traveled to 2022 and the Foundation built his new KITT out of a 2015 Civic!

Post by Starship » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:52 pm

As I said in another thread, ever since I saw the dash of the original KITT, I have tried to make the dash of almost every car I've owned emulate KITT's dash to the best of my abilities, budget, and available technology. Here is my latest conversion with my 2015 Honda Civic LX Coupe...
The exterior
The exterior
Panoramic view of dash, including functional overhead control panels
Panoramic view of dash, including functional overhead control panels
Knight Rider steering-column mounted control pods with simulated "voice box" bar graphs
Knight Rider steering-column mounted control pods with simulated "voice box" bar graphs
Almost all of the controls are functional, and the ones that are not -- mainly some of the buttons on the steering column control pods -- are pre-wired for future use.

And, here's a video of some of these features in action...
DISCLAIMER: Some of these features may not be legal to use, especially when the car is in motion. If you incorporate any of these ideas on your own vehicle, you do so solely at your own risk and responsibility. Check your local laws for more information.

https://youtu.be/CyuIqHbx3I0

The U-Turn indicator is something I've thought about for a while. The idea is that I use it in conjunction with the left turn signal when I am intending to make a U-turn to let drivers around me know my intention. I figure this would be especially useful for drivers behind me so that they don't get surprised when I slow down to make a U-turn, when turning in a left-turn lane, instead of just going through the intersection with a left turn. I have no idea if it is legal or not, and it is pretty much experimental, for now.

Of course, since we're talking about one cool show car from the 1980's, you might notice the flux capacitor dedicated to another one!
I try to put a little KITT in any car I own!

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Imagine Michael Knight time-traveled to 2022 and the Foundation built his new KITT out of a 2015 Civic!

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:41 pm

That's awesome! One day when I'll own a 850 T5-R i'll definitely implement some of the stuff the Rstein duo or KITT have. (Remote Start being one of them!)
Rstein, the supercomputer on wheels.