Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

AppleMacri1980
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:33 am

i would like to see Micheal get in and out of KITT like they did with the Godfather games also when your in KITT it should be showing the dash not in the rear car.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by msKEN » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:39 am

Michael Knight, KITT wrote:Hey Ken could you maybe add a driveable 1982 ferrari 308 gts quattrovalvole as an easter egg to unlock it goes well with the 80's theme because of Magnum P.I. I think it would be very cool for it to be driveable :D And keep up the good work! :kitt:
I can't really comment much on the Ferrari ;) We've already given way too much away as it is, I really want you guys to be surprised when you find these things on your own. All I can say is there is most likely is a pretty good chance you will be able to go cruising around in a special Ferrari.
what else is happening with the game second i would like the RPM and the MPH on the dash like a real car.
A lot is going on. More info will come on May 31st. :D
i would like to see Micheal get in and out of KITT like they did with the Godfather games also when your in KITT it should be showing the dash not in the rear car.
Off topic, but I've never played the godfather games. I played Mafia, GTA, and a few other open world game series, but I'm actually not that big of a gamer. My friends seriously get mad at me, cause when I play these games I'm constantly looking to see how they did things, how did they pull this and that off? I look at the art and textures, I watch for screen tearing, LOD changes, occlusion, all that stuff that the typical gamer doesn't care about. I love games don't get me wrong, but I enjoy making them way more. Getting back on topic, Michael will get in and out of KITT like GTA games, he also has other ways of getting out of KITT as well. Auto Roof anyone? :D

Also with the dash I assume you're talking about this screen shot?

The dash still isn't animated just yet, but the digital MPH and RPM do work. This photo was taken from our level editor, not the actual game so those things aren't working for this photo.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:38 pm

what about when KITT gets damaged like in Goliath when KITT was flipping over in the desert will he get damaged and what about the flipping over sounds i heard the turbo sounds when he was rolling on the right side am i right?

Michael Knight, KITT
Volunteer

Post by Michael Knight, KITT » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:39 pm

jup wrote:
Michael Knight, KITT wrote:Hey Ken could you maybe add a driveable 1982 ferrari 308 gts quattrovalvole as an easter egg to unlock it goes well with the 80's theme because of Magnum P.I. I think it would be very cool for it to be driveable :D And keep up the good work! :kitt:
I could see that as being a totally after market option. Perhaps, some way of importing cars and people from some kind of creation program, like a patch that is recognized in the menu. Something that fans of the game could go about, creating on their own.

Although very outdated, one of my favorite drivers, Test Drive II, was totally built around the idea of having new cars and new scenes that could be installed into the core game's software. And, considering the time period, it really worked out well.
That is a very good Idea. It sounds some what like a easy mod installer for the game :good: . And I got the magnum P.I. Idea yesterday because I was driving around the 308 gts in TDU2. :D

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:58 am

Michael Knight, KITT wrote: I got the magnum P.I. Idea yesterday because I was driving around the 308 gts in TDU2. :D
Had a couple days to play around in TDU2. Truly an amazing game and really should log some more time in.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:01 am

msKEN wrote:Also with the dash I assume you're talking about this screen shot?

The dash still isn't animated just yet, but the digital MPH and RPM do work. This photo was taken from our level editor, not the actual game so those things aren't working for this photo.
That just looks jaw dropping incredible. A true work of art.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:20 am

Thank you jup! Still has a little ways to go on fine tuning, and this mesh has been a total collaboration between Tobie, Daan, and myself. We've all gone over this mesh top to bottom trying to make it the best representation that has ever been seen in a Knight Rider game. I've still got a few things to do before we can call it complete and start working on the dash. I'm truly looking forward to making all those lights animate and making everything functional.

For those of you with slower connections I apologize for the photos below. For a better look at detail just right click and open the image in a new window to see the full 1920x1080 photo so you can see the detail.

Here are some test images from development a few months ago.

And then an exterior shot of the snow scene from above. Michael and KITT will have a few missions that require them to drive north towards Oregon.

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:00 am

We took a lot of things straight off the HotWheels model such as the engine, rocket boosters etc. We have given the engine some extra detail of our own, but it still remains close to the original.
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Han
Rookie

Post by Han » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:48 pm

pretty awesome, just noticed the rocket booster being just like in the hotwheels model

Stavros_Knight
Stranger

Post by Stavros_Knight » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:00 pm

What I'd really love to see is the jump over Kitt's t-tops of Michael when he hurriedly wants to enter in Kitt to chase the bad guy. (Season 4, Episode "knight behind bars") Awesome move!

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Fri May 17, 2013 1:40 am

Stavros_Knight wrote:What I'd really love to see is the jump over Kitt's t-tops of Michael when he hurriedly wants to enter in Kitt to chase the bad guy. (Season 4, Episode "knight behind bars") Awesome move!
Or, what about some fun with the ejection seat? Having Michael get out of Kitt via the t-top...or, better yet, jumping in after jumping off a building. Some fun possibilities with that one.

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Fri May 17, 2013 2:23 am

As a matter of fact I'm proud to say that both requests will be fulfilled! The ejector seat will be a useful help in getting over high walls or on top of buildings. And for the promo movie which should be finally (hopefully) coming up in a few weeks, I have animated the sequence of Michael getting over KITT's roof to access his seat. :good:

Since the car codes have been finished yesterday Ken got started to rig the cars in their final form. And some great news on that end: they will be pretty sophisticated for a homebrew game! KITT will catch dust and dirt, get scratched and have parts coming off when heavily damaged. I'm busy making a semi interior set right now, and just finished a major surprise that will certainly enjoy most fans! Coming up in july... :kitt2:
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri May 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Deveo wrote:As a matter of fact I'm proud to say that both requests will be fulfilled! The ejector seat will be a useful help in getting over high walls or on top of buildings. And for the promo movie which should be finally (hopefully) coming up in a few weeks, I have animated the sequence of Michael getting over KITT's roof to access his seat. :good:

Since the car codes have been finished yesterday Ken got started to rig the cars in their final form. And some great news on that end: they will be pretty sophisticated for a homebrew game! KITT will catch dust and dirt, get scratched and have parts coming off when heavily damaged. I'm busy making a semi interior set right now, and just finished a major surprise that will certainly enjoy most fans! Coming up in july... :kitt2:
If Kro had a like button I just pressed it. :D

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Sat May 18, 2013 7:08 am

Great Job to Ken and the team this game will really be impressing i cannot wait for the new Trailer. I hope all the actors like it too. For the game we need goodies like you know in the first Godfather Game when you find movie clips you unlock clips from the film that would be cool another stuff.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sun May 19, 2013 2:14 am

Now you have my curiousity. Just how many of Kitt's odd features may be possible to access in the game? Of course, Turbo Boost, Ski Mode and (probably) SPM are there. But, what about some of the lesser options? Like the analyzer for found objects? Or the chemical sensor deal that is a computerized version of a nose? Winch? Or even one time deals, like the flying drone, unmarked police fog lamps, (did they have drop down, color lenses?) that evasive mode, (where Kitt does donuts, while laying down a smoke screen) oil slick/smoke screen or even the license place switcher. (I remember in KR 2008, KITT switched plates while in another US state. Perhaps, original Kitt changes to an Oregon plate. (I did read that there was a mission in Oregon somewhere in these replies, right?) OR...just a second plate that uses letters the player can assign, just for customized feel.) There's probably dozens of other one timers I'm totally forgetting about, like the spiked tires, the water skimmer, the...

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Tue May 21, 2013 2:45 am

I can't tell you all the things KITT will do, we want to keep some things a secret. One thing for sure though, it won't be as horribly limited as the Davilex games. The basic things are there of course: Turbo Boost, Ski Mode, SPM and Convertible mode. There will be many functions that were only once in the series but too cool not to have in the game.

-KITT, Soul Survivor

DaniKnight
Stranger

Post by DaniKnight » Tue May 21, 2013 6:03 pm

This looks absolutely amazing! Oh man you guys are doing a fabulous job so far! I hope Garthe and K.A.R.R. are going to be in, that would be wild! :kitt2:

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Wed May 22, 2013 4:00 am

Oooo...I just have a brainstorm of an idea. Have a 'secret military spot' that requires a tricky turbo boost jump to get into. (I don't know. Give it some kind of mountain range or insanely powerful wall that can't just be plowed through.) If you get KITT inside, you'll find an entire obstacle course that gives KITT the chance to play with all his functions. An area that isn't really necessary for anything. More of a serious playground. Walls for jumping. Narrow passages for Skiing through. Mine field for...something. Cones for slalom. Fun stuff to work with everything. How about a dumb battle tank to evade. Stuff like that. Almost an easter egg of an environment for that sand box kind of gaming.

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Wed May 22, 2013 4:32 am

We have some 'playgrounds' like those planned actually, both for Michael and KITT. The player can train KITT on the official test grounds of FLAG, which is based on the Junk Yard Dog test grounds and the Davilex test track. You can also practice stunt driving skills at Slammin' Sammy's Stunt Track. We'll have references to almost every episode varying from decals/posters/billboards to complete levels. Michael can train himself at Tommy Danger's stuntman school with characters familiar to The Fall Guy-fans.

By the way, the new driving system is great, take my word for it! KITT is very easy to control and capable of some exciting driftwork!

-KITT, Soul Survivor

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:21 pm

really cool i hope to try out the demo......

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Thu May 23, 2013 3:41 am

Demo is on it's way! As a matter of fact we're storyboarding a neat action-filled story for it as we speak...

-KITT, Soul Survivor

RicardoRibeiro2000
Operative

Post by RicardoRibeiro2000 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:56 am

When is the demo will be available for download?

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu May 23, 2013 10:17 am

RicardoRibeiro2000 wrote:When is the demo will be available for download?
We'll have more information to share on May 31st.

Behemoth
Recruit

Post by Behemoth » Thu May 23, 2013 11:21 am

Thats looking stunning :D

Sure I saw my NFS 3/4 Knight 4000 in there in one of those shots too :)

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:22 pm

the cars will be in there just a little more better quality