Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DJGM
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by DJGM » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Nice video, but wrong dashboard. I assume this game, considering some of the additional cast, is set as though the
series had managed to reach season 5 or even 6, around 1987-89 or thereabouts. So, it's puzzling that KITT in that
concept video appears to have his old 1982 dashboard from season 1. Is that because the video is a rough draft?

I hope that when the game is finalised, KITT has had his dashboard upgraded to something resembling (or perhaps
slightly better than) what he had in season 4. Perhaps the opening cutscenes could feature KITT being repaired by
both Bonnie and April after being damaged in some way ... or simply having a bit of a general upgrade.

Deveo
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Deveo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:05 pm

We're testing the game with a se1/2 KITT. It will be one of the many unlockable cars when the game is finished! Troughout the game itself of course you will drive the se3/4 KITT. We are a bit careful with changing things to our taste, we want to stay with the original Knight Rider story. The only imaginative parts are the ones neccesary to connect Knight Rider, KR2000, TKR and KR2008 together.

So don't worry, you'll definately be driving the right KITT in the final version of the game! :good:
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

knightroto
Volunteer

Post by knightroto » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 pm

thanks for letting us know Deveo,
i'd probably make a good non-main character, like a background etc.
but if we end up doing that, you decide!

Han
Rookie

Post by Han » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 pm

hehe, nice driving, the video is pretty impressive, i really liked the animations and works pretty good with voices,btw, are features like 'Turbo Boost' functional already? :P

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:15 am

Han, the Turbo Boost and Ski mode are still a work in progress. Now that we finally have a good driving system, it's one of the first items left to do. Meanwhile I'm proceeding on creating an interior for the FLAG Mansion!
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Han
Rookie

Post by Han » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:53 am

just tought i should ask, the handling seems pretty good and my favorite camera was the first person driving heh,
also i've seen the mansion and it's accurate, i have to say : good job! can't wait to see the interior

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:40 am

This is our latest improvement: real-time reflection on the car! Instead of projecting an image which makes it 'look' shiny, now there is a real reflection on the cars in the game. Meanwhile, we're figuring out how we can pay tribute to Taoworm and his fascinating work for Knight Rider 2008 replica's. That is our main priority now.

Meanwhile, we hope you'll enjoy these images. The city in the background is just a demo city which doesn't reflect the city that will be used in the finished game!

-KITT, Soul Survivor

RicardoRibeiro2000
Operative

Post by RicardoRibeiro2000 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 am

Well, make a mechanic on his shop building a classic mustang based on Taoworm, that can be a good tribute.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:52 pm

I was going to say something similar with a used car lot selling nothing but every version of the 2008 mustang seen in the 2 hour movie and the series.The car lot could have a "Taoworm's Used Cars" sign and probably make that place one of the contacts you get information for finding the game's villians.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Aww man great job with the game. Is there any way you guys can see if universal can approve it to be cannon to finally fill the gaps between 1986-present. So the timeline will finally be fixed and official.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Han
Rookie

Post by Han » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:52 am

I like Ricardo's suggestion, a mechanic npc with maybe a badge reading Taoworm, something like that would be a good idea, just my opinion tho

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:15 am

Some more updates from Twitter and Facebook. This is the final visual design. These are going to be the final shaders and such :good:

It may look like too advanced for older pc's, but it does fine on my four years old laptop :D

-KITT, Soul Survivor

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:49 am

Is that Airwolf?!?

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:33 am

Yes it's Airwolf alright, It's just a temporary mesh being used as a stand in until we make our own advanced combat ready helicopter. Though we have been thinking about adding some 80's references into some of the side missions, like Street Hawk, A-team, and possibly an Airwolf and KITT team up. Would you guys want to see stuff like that or would it be too much of a distraction?
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Han
Rookie

Post by Han » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:04 pm

A mission where you team up with Airwolf seems valid.
as seen in the screens, Airwolf is the model chopper, and if there would be a battle, there must be a winner, but that "can't" happen, im seeing it as just being the 'test' chopper.
and there should be a lot of easter eggs, but nothing exaggerated

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:21 am

I'd like any nods to things we found in the 80's like any references shown in hot tub time machine headphones on a walkman,jerry curl,regan.Also like you pass by the mall and see doctor emit brown load up the back to the future car with plutonium as you leave a contact or something.Some scenes that happen to coincide with other famous movie scenes like the coming of the first terminator,beverly hills cop,flip on a tv and suddenly you catch the begining of delirious or raw by Eddie Murphy.

Han
Rookie

Post by Han » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:51 am

unbeliavable! i've just tought about the same thing, seeing doctor brown in the mall with the delorean, also guys, in Terminator 2, there is a black Pontiac on the background, passing by after John Connor is rescued by the terminator, i'll check if it is the actual model, sadly, it's not in the same timeline as Knight Rider
-edit-
i've got some screens of the car, what do you think?
http://f72i.img-up.net/T2Kitt2d934.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://v33i.img-up.net/T2Kitt33bd0.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://p05i.img-up.net/T2Kitt4a2a3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:48 am

There's a christmas present coming up for you guys!

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:15 am

Devon's office looks great.

The terminator first movie was in 1984.The stuff could be all 80's centered so maybe we cna make a list of everything we would love to see from the 80's in this game and maybe Ken and Deveo could find some way to work the stuff in an interesting way.

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:41 am

And once again an update: this is the new scanner, a work in progress at this very moment.

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Avenger95
Operative

Post by Avenger95 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Deveo wrote:And once again an update: this is the new scanner, a work in progress at this very moment.

Is that KARR? It looks like a silver/gray coloring on the bottom.....
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

Avenger95
Operative

Post by Avenger95 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:39 pm

I had another crazy idea come up the other day: Knight Industries Automotive Department. Basically its where you can build your own Knight Industries vehicle. Each mission could come with bonus achievements that, when accomplished, would unlock parts or vehicle bodies to use in the creator. Imagine a lamborghini KITT, or Porche 911 KARR!

I know its not likely feasible due to the added work and coding (not to mention the likelihood of licensing of car designs), but could you at least imagine it?

I also support the idea of a Taoworm tribute in the game. Maybe he could be a hired help for repairing KITT faster, or as a store owner that sells upgrades on equipment.....it was his specialty afterall! :wink:

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:31 pm

It's the still under construction car reflections/lighting making it look gray. Still working on it, but definitely KITT. We have given thought to a KITT builder and it still may happen but not to the degree you are thinking. We were going to let you mix dashes/noses/rims/ and other accessories to unlock during game play. Not sure if it will make the final cut or not just yet... we still have a long ways to go.

Taoworm/Josh is a touchy subject, I need to contact his family first to be sure they are even OK with us doing that, I definitely don't want to cross any lines or cause any unintended disrespect/hurt feelings etc. If all goes to plan his character will be young Charles Graiman's understudy/assistant and will be seen in the Knight Labs working on an early prototype of KI3T's voice orb. Nothing distracting or even a speaking role, but a tribute to his memory none the less!
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Avenger95
Operative

Post by Avenger95 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:04 am

msKEN wrote:It's the still under construction car reflections/lighting making it look gray. Still working on it, but definitely KITT. We have given thought to a KITT builder and it still may happen but not to the degree you are thinking. We were going to let you mix dashes/noses/rims/ and other accessories to unlock during game play. Not sure if it will make the final cut or not just yet... we still have a long ways to go.

Taoworm/Josh is a touchy subject, I need to contact his family first to be sure they are even OK with us doing that, I definitely don't want to cross any lines or cause any unintended disrespect/hurt feelings etc. If all goes to plan his character will be young Charles Graiman's understudy/assistant and will be seen in the Knight Labs working on an early prototype of KI3T's voice orb. Nothing distracting or even a speaking role, but a tribute to his memory none the less!
I like that KITT builder :good: I just like coming up with extra mile stuff as seen in previous posts :wink:

I hope his family would allow at least his screen name be used as a tribute. Knowing how much he meant to this community, it would be our way of giving back. Even if they do not wish to have him within the game, there should be some kind of nod to him in some fashion.

As always, keep up the good work. It looks like its coming along nicely :) I'd say you're in Pursuit Mode at this point. Almost time for that Turbo Boost!

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Wow. The long set dream is finally awakening. This is absolutely fantastic to see.

Not sure if I mentioned this in an earlier post. It has been some months, after all. But, looking at this, I see the potential for setting up scenes in 'real video' fan fictions.

Ever play the Stuntman series? In that, you are the driver and you interact with a course to create a few movie scenes. In a sense, that is kind of what I am talking about. Having a tool, where you can create a situation and drive the car(s) as virtual cameras roll and create a savable replay. Could also set up actors to talk in locations. Then, you take all the saves and link them together (like in a video editor program. Net's full of those. Even MS Movie Maker should do fine.) to make an episode/movie to show...say, on YouTube. Kind of like how Machinima does with Grand Theft Auto/Halo/etc.