FLAG Organization

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Ka2
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

FLAG Organization

Post by Ka2 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:56 pm

There are those who will probably argue with me. But from what I got from the original series FLAG and the Knight Foundation are not two names for the same entity, as posts here seem to indicate.

From what I got from the series was that FLAG is a conglomeration of several non-profit organizations that worked together for a common goal: justice for all. Most of FLAGs work was in the political/legal arena. Wilton Knight as head of the Knight FOUNDATION came up with the idea of a field agent. And using his resources as CEO and owner of Knight INDUSTRIES created the Pilot Program, built the cars, and recruited MIcheal.

Then Micheal was given assignments through Devon as passed on by the board of FLAG (which Wilton Knights daughter Jennifer sat on).

This also bends my head when Charles Graiman just happened to have all the funds of "FLAG" in a secret account all too himself, passing it on to Sara. What happened to FLAG? What happened to Jennifer Knight?

I liked the new series. But it didn't follow the original series very well, and I thought that was what they were going to be doing.

As a side note I kind of took it as Marland from TKR was another member of FLAG and didn't "take it over". And his work was not an official project of FLAG, but a sideline with the US government. As much as Wilton Knight disliked the government (he wouldn't sell the US some of his technology) I found it ironic. Same with the cooperative effort in the first half of the 2008 series.

Just my two cents.