kitt's cpu

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

kitt's cpu

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Anyone think that kitt's CPU changed from 1982 to 1997 not only in shape but in specs too?I think his chip got upgraded from 1982 original knight rider to 1997 team knight rider.Wonder how we'll see him next.I say mainframe back in Washington again with those giant wall cabinets that blink.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Re: kitt's cpu

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:48 pm

I don't believe there was ever meant to be a connection between the two CPUs. However, if you wanted to create continuity I think it's fairly easy to do:

Suppose KITT's CPU always was the box we saw in Soul Survivor. That box could have been installed in the sphere we saw in TKR. In Soul Survivor, KITT was completely helpless because he wasn't connected to anything; he couldn't communicate or gain access to anything until April installed him into "the little TV".

But in TKR, KITT did communicate with the outside world. So that sphere could have had all the interconnections that allowed KITT to interact with people.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: kitt's cpu

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks Michael,,now that I think about it kitt did have the function to interact with the TKR Sky One plane for holographic projection in Erica's room in the episode Angels in Chains.He also communicated with the screens in the situation room to leave the co-ordinates of Michael Knight's room.He somehow has a remote communication setup for the projection in the building he chose to rendezvous with Jenny and Kyle.He must have had an internet connection for all that through that base console.Not to mention the scanner itself is now on the cpu housing.