Knight Rider on Blu-ray Any Thoughts?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Iron KITT
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight Rider on Blu-ray Any Thoughts?

Post by Iron KITT » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Just wondering what your thoughts would be on this subject?.

Having just switched to Blu-ray and enjoying it I must say, was wondering would you like to see the original show on Blu-ray and the 08 series also?.

Be pretty cool I think!.
Michael Knight: "KITT is the worlds greatest automobile"

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider on Blu-ray Any Thoughts?

Post by james olden » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:47 pm

anything to bring the franchise on top like how startrek was in the 90s
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:57 pm

I think so, there is allot of shows coming out on Blu-ray that are infact allot older than Knight Rider.

I think it would be cool for the show to get the Blu-ray treatment.

Throw in some nice new features, menus, extras.

Wondering if Universal would do it?.

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Iron KITT wrote:I think so, there is allot of shows coming out on Blu-ray that are infact allot older than Knight Rider.

I think it would be cool for the show to get the Blu-ray treatment.

Throw in some nice new features, menus, extras.

Wondering if Universal would do it?.
yes i agree with this also they need to have behind the scenes feature.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:18 pm

I think with the show having such a legacy Im sure there could be plenty of additional stuff that can be added to the discs, you only have to look at the sheer volume of material here thats a treasure of knowledge for the Knight Rider fan.

Even if they didnt add much extras as long as they did a really great job with the episodes themselves and have them in their full uncut form all nice and new, I'd be a happy camper.

Extras are the icing on the cake.

I do agree though, nice new extras diving deep into the making of the show, if it can be done with Star Trek then any show can get the treatment it rightly deserves.

My Movie Review Blog:

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:23 pm

like show the bloopers you can only find them on you tube lol i bloopers were funny the hoff was cursing up a storm on the bloopers lmao

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:31 pm

also how bout a contest to win a ki2t replica or a ki2t actually used in the series but restored to its origional ki2t condition every purchase is a entry to winning

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Yep bloopers are cool.

I'd really like to know how the show was made, the people behind the camera having their say, letting them shine and tell their story.

Of course assemble the stars and bring them in.

The original material on the DVD first season was good but only just a teaser of what could be done.

The ultimate boxset I ever came across was 20th Century Fox Alien Quad box.

Seriously dude thats a boxset, all four films presented in their original form and new verisons, all the original material that was made during the making of the films, quite impressive that Fox doucmented allot even on the first Alien, and this was years before anything like DVD was even in the works.

Aside from all the original material that was made for each Alien film, allot of new documentries were made for each film, all being completely honest on the struggles, problems faced, everything. The cast, crew, everyone, all honest on all the joys and struggles it was to get these films made.

One of the finest boxsets I ever came across and now Fox have out done themselves yet again releasing the Blu-ray boxset with even more material discovered and made new documentries to accompany the Blu-ray.

Just be so cool if Knight Rider got the same.

My Movie Review Blog:

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:46 pm

what about a commentary for every episode get the whole cast in and some extras for the cast that was featured in that episode if they still living. i know its gonna take a few dvds to fit but itll be good for a whole knight rider box set. the box set could be the shape of the flag mobile unit or ki2t