K.I.T.T. SCANNER T-SHIRT SAMPLE PANEL 1 AND 2

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

dustindustries
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

K.I.T.T. SCANNER T-SHIRT SAMPLE PANEL 1 AND 2

Post by dustindustries » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Hello again KR fans I have just received 2 sample panels for the much anticipated K.I.T.T. scanner t-shirt. Sample 1 has only the scanner and front lights lighting up, sample 2 has the whole car lighting up. I would like some opinion on which one looks best. The first is a little dark with the Black background and Black K.I.T.T. which I would like to improve before going ahead with the design.

You can see a short video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5gIg5gaZOw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and Sample 2 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dMYJAgB ... re=channel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks, from DUSTINDUSTRIES
DUST doesn`t RUST!

Avenger95
Operative

Re: K.I.T.T. SCANNER T-SHIRT SAMPLE PANEL 1 AND 2

Post by Avenger95 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:29 am

I like the one where the headlights turn on too.

However it just doesnt seem like the scanner unless its, you know, scanning. Is there any way to make it do that?

Otherwise, it does look good :) I dont recall anyone else putting so much effort into Knight Rider-themed shirts!
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:08 am

Any idea of how much it'll retail for?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:32 am

Very cool shirt, as always!

One question, is there maybe a better KITT picture you can use? That seems to be the KITT that Davliex made that we had on our homepage for some time. Admittedly it's a bit "thick" of a KITT, would love if the shirt was more accurate on that respect.

AZKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by AZKNIGHT » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:57 am

I like the one where the whole car lights up personally. Very cool.
Long live Knight Rider! Check out my conversion in progress at [url]http://www.azknightindustries.com[/url].

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:44 pm

I like the idea, but have 2 comments..
1- I know the scanner is the main point of this shirt, but I think it should be more accurately sized. It's way too thick.
2- Does the scanner have to be sound activated and increase according to volume? Why not just make the scanner go back and forth as it does in the real KITT? The sound activation works great with the voicebox T-shirt, but I don't think it really works with the scanner.

Just my opinion. Good luck whatever you decide!

Chris :kitt:

dustindustries
Recruit

Post by dustindustries » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback people, I am very busy lately as am working 7 days a week on a cruise ship out of LA. Of course I would love for the scanner to go back and forth and was originally told it could be done. Then this was the end result, I was then told ( through an interpreter ) that it can be done but I must make larger amounts like 1000pcs instead of 100pcs like I can now and it would cost me more.. I am still working on getting the design right before going ahead with it. I will post some updates. DUST
DUST doesn`t RUST!

dustindustries
Recruit

Post by dustindustries » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:46 pm

neps wrote:Very cool shirt, as always!

One question, is there maybe a better KITT picture you can use? That seems to be the KITT that Davliex made that we had on our homepage for some time. Admittedly it's a bit "thick" of a KITT, would love if the shirt was more accurate on that respect.
Yes Neps that is the KITT that used to be on your homepage, I actually emailed you in November and asked if it was OK to use the image. It is quite hard to find a quality image that shows the scanner front on, if you show KITT from a side angle the scanner is obscured. I am working on getting another design and making the scanner go back and forth if possible.

It is Chinese New Year right now and most factories go on vacation for atleast a week, If they can make the scanner go back and fourth at a much higher piece count and cost I may have to get some pre orders or some actual numbers on who would purchase one as I still have stock on my 100pc designs sitting in boxes. DUST
DUST doesn`t RUST!