The KARR-tastrophy

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The KARR-tastrophy

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:43 am

I read some of the LONGEST posts in the Knight to King's Pawn thread than I've read regarding this new series in whole. My eyes hurt! While I'm going to remain fair about this episode, I must point out the biggest flaws in Knight to King's Pawn.

Story pacing

During most of this episode, I was thinking this was going to be a well done story arc on Knight Industries true seperation from government control. The first portion introduces the need to bring back Sarah to the crew..very important. We also see how Billy and Zoe are going to stand alone without Torres or Graiman looking over their shoulders. And everything seemed alright with this dragged mission to rescue KITT and the Knight 3000 UNTIL we get to KARR. This is where the gradual pace starts turning into a sprint; because now we are worried we aren't going to get any answers to the questions regarding Mike's past with KARR and the reactivation of KARR, using KITT's chip.

Details

Speaking of KITT's chip, I know a lot of you are wondering what the hell did KITT's chip even do? Is it safe to speculate that KITT erased all memory off the hardware before he uploaded his virtual existence online via internet? You see, we didn't even get an instant of what risks Torres knew he was taking..as if he never took into account Dr. Graiman's insistence the KARR project be shut down. What bothers me is how and when did KARR go nuts with Micheal? What did Micheal do? WHY WAS KARR STILL EVIL? For the common viewer watching the series last night, they are scratching a bald spot right on their head wondering what the big deal is with this machine. What I'm saying is, the story did not make KARR look like he really was that big a deal to us..we just heard of his tyrancy.

So, it's the question now if Dr. Graiman purposely programmed KARR without the preservation of human life. KARR was in IRAQ with Mike. KARR was meant to be a weapon. And, for how advanced KARR's AI is, KARR made the calculations that all attempts to disrupt his mission should be prevented. This pissed me off the most about this episode, because with the assumptions that I, a devoted fan to Knight Rider and follower to the series, regardless of how crappy the episode storylines have come by so far, can understand that this is what happened (probably). There is no way in hell a common viewer is going to understand what the @&^# KARR really was. We don't have to be reminded that he was a prototype (that's TOS mumble jumble). This was a new KARR for a new era, and the story failed miserably on trying to make any sense of this character besides him finding a freakin' pilot to aid his program.

The Goods

We saw an episode of KITT strutting his stuff like he's never done on screen before, and in the normal Hero mode. How fantastic is that? I also forgot I was witnessing a whole fight between KITT and KARR done in CGI. The VFX did a most OUTSTANDING job. After watching 'the making of' videos on KRO, I really thought the scenes with KARR were really going to be subpar...hey, they admitted it! But they fooled me!! Great job, z00story, and the rest of the crew. And thanks for giving a little nod to the morphing transformations al'a the pilot movie. (I really would like to see them do a little bit of both of the mechanical and morphing effects in the future).

FLAG is coming back! Or it might, depending if we get a second season. All the characters that are in control now appear to really have a place, and they all shine well.

I have to be the one to say this, but the sex scene was necessary. It cures grievance. And it binds Mike and Sarah the right way. The cheesey boy and girl routine we've seen all season so far has been rather kiddish. It seemed to me after that scene, Mike and Sarah seem just a tad more grown up. Ok, enough beating around the bush with compliments..Sarah is hot..SO HOT!

So, should there be a return of KARR? I for one, hope not. I mean, if they are going to tell a story like this, then let him rust. Should we receive a backstory more in depth with Mike and KARR? Yeah! And give us some more insight to what that tatoo is all about while you're at it. Just tell a good story, so that I don't feel the need to explain things to the common viewer....like my sister, who kind of likes the show (she never watched it before), and didn't get a damn thing about KARR besides that he wanted KITT to die.

Peace :kitt: