Where can I get/build a cheap "Kitt" LED Scanner?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

gallegra
Stranger

Where can I get/build a cheap "Kitt" LED Scanner?

Post by gallegra » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:32 pm

Hey all; I looked around a bit and didn't see any posts about this yet, so I figured I'd ask here; sorry in advance if this is the wrong place for it. But anyways, I have an '89 Lincoln towncar and I'd love to have a kitt scanner on the front of it. Only problem is, the only scanners I can find are expensive as it is, and I don't have a lot of money (I'm in college...nuff said). Besides, I don't even know if I could fit a scanner on my car if I COULD get/make one, since most of the ones I see are built specifically for kitt replica cars. Anyone know where I could get or how I could build a kitt scanner for as cheap as possible that still looks good, and if I can put it on my car? Thank you;

-gary

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Re: Where can I get/build a cheap "Kitt" LED Scanner?

Post by GarthKnight08 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:13 pm

gallegra wrote:Hey all; I looked around a bit and didn't see any posts about this yet, so I figured I'd ask here; sorry in advance if this is the wrong place for it. But anyways, I have an '89 Lincoln towncar and I'd love to have a kitt scanner on the front of it. Only problem is, the only scanners I can find are expensive as it is, and I don't have a lot of money (I'm in college...nuff said). Besides, I don't even know if I could fit a scanner on my car if I COULD get/make one, since most of the ones I see are built specifically for kitt replica cars. Anyone know where I could get or how I could build a kitt scanner for as cheap as possible that still looks good, and if I can put it on my car? Thank you;

-gary
Talk to corlando, he has the formost on building your own scanner info
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

maxwellmilian
Recruit

Post by maxwellmilian » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:55 am

Go look at the post JC Whiney scanner question. I got a neat mod in there. I'm looking to do more improvements in the future. :good:

nanceretro
Stranger

Post by nanceretro » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:22 pm

I purchased mine on Ebay for around $50. It is absolutely perfect. Took me years to find one that was "segmented" like the original. Mine has a controller box so you can either slow down or speed up the lights, I had the kit professionally installed on my black 2004 Mustang GT convertible (soooooo glad the new KITT is a Mustang !!). It is mounted behind the grille, and is the coolest thing I've ever seen. It's a hit at car shows, and people go crazy when they first see it ! :kitt:
Attachments
004.JPG
004.JPG (111.99 KiB) Viewed 6164 times
005.JPG
005.JPG (125.08 KiB) Viewed 6175 times