I Knew that this remake was destine for disaster

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I Knew that this remake was destine for disaster

Post by kitt34 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:33 am

I Knew this continuation of the series was destine for disaster when they reintroduce KARR as a robot, believe me, this retooling isn't gonna save knight rider.

_K3000_
Operative

Re: I Knew that this remake was destine for disaster

Post by _K3000_ » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:37 pm

Epic Fail. This retooling will help and i don't give a F****K if they reintroduce KARR as a ROBOT! thats freakin awesome. Think of the name people.

KARR=Knight Automated Roving Robot
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:21 pm

This retooling will help and i don't give a F****K if they reintroduce KARR as a ROBOT! thats freakin awesome. Think of the name people.

it won't help if they download KARR into KITT and there is no battle between the two, it will be as boring as the rest of the show.....I do agree, however, KARR is pretty neat as a robot, just not as a silly transformer.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:28 pm

KNIGHT RIDER isnt as bad as you make it out to be.

Does everyone Like it? No.

Does everyone ever agree on anything? No.

Am I 100% happy with it? No.

But it isnt the worst show being made. It is a good attempt and will be just fine.

The Movie was on the right track, the series made a wrong turn and NBC is fixing that. So just hold on and stay true to the show.

The show is not destined to disater or failure.
Give it a chance will ya people.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:
This retooling will help and i don't give a F****K if they reintroduce KARR as a ROBOT! thats freakin awesome. Think of the name people.

it won't help if they download KARR into KITT and there is no battle between the two, it will be as boring as the rest of the show.....I do agree, however, KARR is pretty neat as a robot, just not as a silly transformer.
This retooling of the show featuring KARR as a transformer would make things worse.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:31 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:KNIGHT RIDER isnt as bad as you make it out to be.

But it isnt the worst show being made. It is a good attempt and will be just fine.

The Movie was on the right track, the series made a wrong turn and NBC is fixing that. So just hold on and stay true to the show.

Sorry But I Can't, this new version stinks and the ending of the premiere was one of the most confusing and idiotic endings in recent tv history.

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:48 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:KNIGHT RIDER isnt as bad as you make it out to be.

Tony I have to agree with you on this..

As for you KITT34 I think your wrong, I think that KARR and the premise that it will be a robot is fantastic and will fit into the series nicely.. I still think the biggest opportuntiy for this series was that it had too many characters overlapping and getting rid of three is a good thing....

So as for you KITT34 ease up and wait, I think good things are coming, as NBC wouldn't have bought into a full 22 episode season, dumping shows like My Own Worst Enemy as it probably cost them big money to land an actor such as Christan Slater for that role....

:kitt2:

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:39 am

everytime nbc universal tries to bring knight rider back they screw it up because they think they know better and try to change the formula that made the show work originally, i personally dont think that the reboot is going to change much of anything in the show, i think the nielsen ratings will stay around the same 5 million that they have been getting, i doubt they will renew it for a second season, also since the automobile makers aren't doing so well ford might not want to pump anymore money into a failing show, especially if ford goes bankrupt.
in glen larson we trust.

KNIGHTCRUE
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHTCRUE » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:19 am

this show kicks ass i dont care what people say but i have funny feeling its gonna have 6 season to go

lnwlf
Stranger

Post by lnwlf » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:28 am

Usually the second season is alot better than the first.Just give it time and the second season should be better,however the first season is not bad.I hope they do bring in the old kitt in the second season along with the old Michael Knight.I figure they could use them to help get the new duo out of some kind of trouble they are in.Don't forget that karr's cpu from the old series was not destroid when his body was distroid.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:56 am

You guys seem so proud and happy about this... It's not exactly something to brag about, you should be mad, you shouldn't be celebrating the fact that if this show continues down the path its on (not just the direction which as already been altered) it's going to pretty much kill Knight Rider on television, not to mention what adverse affects it could have on Glen Larson's project. I doubt Ford is putting very much money into this compared to what they've lost or what their CEOs get paid, it's clearly an advertising expense, they always will need advertising, it's a business expense.

True, the first seasons are typically not the best since the people involved need to find where they're going and stuff like that. Star Trek: The Next Generation is a good example of that, it was around for seven seasons despite having what's generally considered a horrible first season, they went back and retooled it and it went on to last for six more, four seasons longer than the original series.. Maybe, just maybe this early retooling is going to truly be for the better and things are going to improve all-round and I hope it does because I like Justin and Deanna (Paul Campbell and Smith Cho aren't bad either) and would like to see them be a part of a successful series which at the end they could use as a jumping off point for bigger and better things.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:40 am

this show kicks ass i dont care what people say but i have funny feeling its gonna have 6 season to go
you're right that is a funny feeling.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:07 pm

As I've recently seen a topic locked for being non-constructive and unnecessary (no offense, whet, but I do agree with the mods for cracking down on the non-constructive stuff), this particular thread seems like another example of that to me.

While I hate to contribute to kitt34's thread since I have him on ignore, that does not prevent me from seeing topics he makes, and therefore I was compelled to read some posts which again are nothing more than useless, non-constructive and repetetive negativity coming from him (surprise!).

My only question here is if whet's thread is to be locked for this reason, surely this thread does not deserve to stay open, either. In my view, there is no difference between kitt34 and a troll.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:01 pm

kitt34 wrote:I Knew this continuation of the series was destine for disaster when they reintroduce KARR as a robot, believe me, this retooling isn't gonna save knight rider.
I couldn't agree more with that statement :lol:

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:13 pm

ya know i'll never understand all the negative comments about the show...i personally love the original and the new one...i guess all u haters are watching lip stick jungle or queer eye for the straight guy...well enjoy it all i know is when/if the cancel the new Knight Rider or Terminator SCC i'm calling my cable provider and telling them to come get it because tv won't be worth watching...so keep beating down the only two good tv shows enjoy ur lineup afterwards...haters...

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:16 pm

Going way back to the original post in this thread, I think them reintroducing KARR as a robot makes perfect sense...after all, his acronym stands for Knight Automated Roving Robot. And did you see the diagram posted on the Knight Research website (and subsequently listed in a couple of threads here a few weeks back) showing how KARR will transform from a Mustang into the robot? Looked pretty damn cool to me! Wait until you see the episode where KARR comes back to reserve judgment on that.

And again, why do all of the fans here seem to either forget or ignore the fact that this show is going to undergo a pretty serious retooling in just about a month and a half? Yes, I think most fans here would agree that the first 8 episodes were not all that they could have lived up to be, but the retooling has been underway for a long while now and the planning for it goes back to not long after the series first aired. The writers and creators of this show ARE listening to the criticisms the fans have had and are taking it to heart to try to improve the show. Let's at least give them the chance to show us what they've got as far as that goes before we start slamming them...

And for the record, while I haven't seen Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles past the premiere episode, I thought that that series kicked off well. Summer Glau totally kicks ass as a female Terminator (rightly so after the wicked performance she brought to the role of River Tamm in "Firefly" and "Serenity"). It definitely intrigued me enough to want to tune in for more episodes, which I will watch once I get some time after this holiday retail season lets up in the store I work at. :-)
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:24 am

OK, the Robot thing...

ALL OF THEM ARE ROBOTS!!!

KITT, KARR, KI3T, the arms in the cave, ROBOTS!!!

C'mon, think about this...It's a car...named KARR...duh!

And if you want to go Canon, KARR, if it would have been stable and viable, would have been the FLAGship.

KITT sounds more like a person's name, a variable of Kat, Kate, Katherine, Kitty (I know they are female names, but if you name your car, do you really call it a guy?(unless you are a girl...right Sue?)). The Voice is programmed to help the driver, so if the driver would respond better to a female voice, they probably would have done that!

Could you imagine Michael Knight with a female talking car???

:dash4:

IMHO, that thing called KARR-e, should have never been called that. Any other name, and it would have been the enemy of the week, and accepted...but KARR? no ffffin way.

getting off the soapbox now...

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:42 pm

_K3000_ wrote:Epic Fail. This retooling will help and i don't give a F****K if they reintroduce KARR as a ROBOT! thats freakin awesome. Think of the name people.

A robot doesn't have to have arms and legs, it can very well be just a car.