Mike Traceur's conception date now revealed? *spoilers*

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KarlKnightRider
Recruit

Mike Traceur's conception date now revealed? *spoilers*

Post by KarlKnightRider » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:49 pm

In the new Episode 'A Knight In Shining Armour' Mike says that his Dad's name was Michael Long.

Is it possible that Jenny was in a relationship with Michael Long, and gave birth to Mike before Michael was shot 'dead'. I know during the series it said that Stevie was his love at the time of being shot, however it could still be the case that Jenny was a relationship pre-Stevie?

When Michael Long became Michael Knight, it could have been at his request that Jenny and Mike were relocated to ensure their safety.

Can I just say, what an awesome episode :) I was gutted when it ended, I want more!

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Mike Traceur's conception date now revealed? *spoilers*

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:10 pm

I thought he said his Father's Real name was Michael Lone

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:43 pm

Yeah, he said REAL name, which means he was told of Michael's past life as well. Sadly, I wish we could have seen that scene.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:04 pm

Brain freeze... who is "Jenny"? There is Jenny from TKR who suspected Michael Knight was her father (which is being completely ignored in the new series), then there is Jennifer Knight from Juggernaut, but Michael wouldn't have known her as Michael Long. (Unless it was some REALLY convoluted coincidence.)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:36 pm

I think hes referring to Jennifer Knight from the backdoor pilot.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:31 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Brain freeze... who is "Jenny"? There is Jenny from TKR who suspected Michael Knight was her father (which is being completely ignored in the new series), then there is Jennifer Knight from Juggernaut, but Michael wouldn't have known her as Michael Long. (Unless it was some REALLY convoluted coincidence.)
Lol! I feel your pain Mike. I think my brain needs to upgrade its flash player or something because ever since watching the new episode my brain has had a red bar at 50 percent that says loading please wait.

What did we say his birthday was Jun 10th 1983? I think we had concluded his conception was sometime around KOTP. My guess would be it was after he was shot in the face that he met Jenny. Being dead to the ones you loved is a good reason to turn to another woman. Though I vaguely remember there being problems with this birthday because of the enlistment terms of the army rangers, some people were saying he had to be older because I guess you can only join at 18 or thing like that.

Duh, did we ever know her last name? Was it Jen Traceur? My brain just performed an illegal operation and needs to shut down.
Last edited by Sue on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:40 pm

Sue wrote: Duh, did we ever know her last name? Was it Jen Traceur? My brain just performed an illegal operation and needs to shut down.
I think your right, Im not sure where I got Knight from.

Cast
Justin Bruening as Mike Traceur
Deanna Russo as Sarah Graiman
Bruce Davison as Charles Graiman
Sydney Tamiia Poitier as FBI Agent Carrie Rivai
Val Kilmer as the Voice of KITT
David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight
Susan Gibney as Jennifer Traceur

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:08 pm

Sue wrote:
Michael Pajaro wrote:Brain freeze... who is "Jenny"? There is Jenny from TKR who suspected Michael Knight was her father (which is being completely ignored in the new series), then there is Jennifer Knight from Juggernaut, but Michael wouldn't have known her as Michael Long. (Unless it was some REALLY convoluted coincidence.)
Lol! I feel your pain Mike. I think my brain needs to upgrade its flash player or something because ever since watching the new episode my brain has had a red bar at 50 percent that says loading please wait.

Mine too, I think that's pretty evident in some of my posts about the episode. :lol:

I wonder if Michael was as much of a womanizer when he was Michael Long or if it was a side effect of what happened. I still think it'd be a bit more interesting if Jennifer wasn't his real mother but that might just be a bit too lame and cliched to do.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:38 am

Her last name must have been Tracuer (maiden name?) because they were moved upon MK's request as stated in the pilot. I think this may have happen either right before KOTP or right after.

Joe

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:54 am

He was definitely Michael Knight when he conceived Mike with Jenny. Remember, Michael was in a relationship with Stevie until he "died" (August 8, 1982). Mike would have been conceived in September '82 to be born in June 1983, which means Michael met Jenny on one of his very first assignments. Of course, Mike could always have been born prematurely, and conceived in either October or November '82. :)
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:38 pm

I think that "MT's mother" might've been "Linda Elliot" from the episode "Inside Out" because she was already in a deep situation when Michael Knight first met her & I think that after Col. Kincade was arrested & Linda testified in court against Kincade & since Kincade probably was informed by "Mr. Dugan (portrayed by Jack Gill)" about not only Michael Knight & probably "F.L.A.G.", I believe that Kincade arranged to have Linda killed & since both Kincade & Graiman have ties to the military, I think that is where "Charles Graiman" came in to help in relocating MT & his mother, which probably gave LInda a chance to start over like Michael did.
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:He was definitely Michael Knight when he conceived Mike with Jenny. Remember, Michael was in a relationship with Stevie until he "died" (August 8, 1982). Mike would have been conceived in September '82 to be born in June 1983, which means Michael met Jenny on one of his very first assignments. Of course, Mike could always have been born prematurely, and conceived in either October or November '82. :)

He sure got over losing his former life and Stevie rather easily and quick didn't he? :lol: Granted Stevie probably wasn't invented yet but Michael was quite the slut back in the day. Was he like that before or perhaps was it a result of the life he lost? Hmm...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:59 pm

I've been saying this multiple times now, but it appears as if no one pays attention or simply forgets; nevertheless, here is my theory from another thread and until Gary Scott Thompson states otherwise, I'm sticking to it!
Lost Knight wrote:I've said this in another thread, but my theory is that Jennifer came along during those in-between missions between "Knight Of the Phoenix" and "Deadly Maneuvers." Mike Traceur would have had to have been conceived in October of 1982 because of his birthdate found on his driver's license, and since the series was set in approximate real-time, "Deadly Maneuvers" aired in October of '82. So it fits the time frame and also explains why there was no Jennifer that fit Mike's mother's description in the original series, because she and Michael's "relationship" was off-camera.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Has anyone noticed that at least one person in each Knight Rider there is someone important named Jenny?

Jennifer Knight (Michaels adopted sister)

Jenny (Dominos Driver)

and Jenny (Michael Knights former wife)
If at first you don't succeed...cheat, repeat, until caught...

KnightRiderFan1051
Recruit

Post by KnightRiderFan1051 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:34 am

y'know all this crap would have been completely irrelavent if they'd have just asked Catherine Hickland to reprise the Stevie role as a flashback. YES I know she died in Scent of Roses but that was 1986 lol she could have been the one to concieve Mike. and in the pilot they could have reworked the story to reflect the flashback. anyways that's my thoughts

OH yeah and Scent of Roses was the SERIES FINALE in my eyes not that Voodoo Knight crap episode. :dash4:
Mike B
KnightRiderFan1051

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:14 am

My honest thoughts on all this are that NBC have simply bundled together a quick explination for Mikes background. Trying to figure out 'who' is Mikes mother in the original series is probably not possible because she didnt exist.

Not to be the party pooper though :-P
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:18 am

Stevie having a kid would be worse than it being some off camera fling IMO. Scent of Roses should be considered the last time we saw Michael and KITT, I can agree there. Just swap it in the episode order with VooDoo Knight or something.

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Will wrote:Has anyone noticed that at least one person in each Knight Rider there is someone important named Jenny?

Jennifer Knight (Michaels adopted sister)

Jenny (Dominos Driver)

and Jenny (Michael Knights former wife)
There was also "Jennifer Shell" (sister to Bobby Shell portrayed by Anne Lockhart in "Return To Cadiz" Season 2) although she's not as significant as the others listed above however, she could be the same "Jennifer" from the "KR08 Pilot" but then again "continunity wise with MT's birth & Season 2".
But it's something to think about.
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"