San Diego ComicCon - Live Updates

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kaine
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: San Diego ComicCon - Live Updates

Post by Kaine » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:55 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:More:

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/892/892948p1.html
Aries said his character, Alex Torres, "Gives out the missions at the beginning of the episode. He shows them how much is involved in making sure our country is safe. KITT is too integral a piece of equipment and cannot be taken lightly. That's a big challenge for Michael Knight; to not wreck such an expensive piece of equipment."

Cho's character is a linguist, and Thompson noted, "In the first episode she speaks Spanish, Hebrew, Korean… she's sort of our contact with the outside world if we need to speak to [anyone]." Campbell added that she, "Keeps [Billy] off balance. He's madly in love with her. She's very snide and also very charming."

Asked about all the changes from the TV-Movie, Bruening said, "The biggest change is a visual one. It's more cleaned up from original pilot. They've added so many layers to my character. They're filling in the blanks and making him a much deeper, more well rounded character. It makes a whole new mythology for the new fans and the older ones."

Russo said her character is now, "beating up bad guys myself. The fight training has been the best part. My fight trainer calls me Annie Oakley, because I have such good aim."

So what about The Hoff? An audience member asked if David Hasslehoff might appear on the series, as he did in the TV-Movie. Thompson said he and Hasslehoff recently had breakfast, and that he told him, "Look, if we use you, I want to use you in a way that's story driven." He said Hasslehoff agreed it should be, "Something big. We both agreed there's no reason to bring him back unless it's something very specific. There is a possibility. It's contingent upon schedules. We are openly speaking."

Asked if the original KITT might show up, Thompson replied, "Look, you're probably probing my mind right now. I don't see any reason why we can't see the two KITTs side by side." And as for the evil KARR from the original series? Said Thompson, "Hmm… What do you think? That would be a yes. There will be some version of that. That will go through in our mythology."

Another fan asked if KITT's popular Turbo Boost feature would be back from the original series, and most importantly, would the car jump when it was used. Thompson said that indeed, Turbo Boost was back, and more so, "KITT's gonna jump. You're gonna go, 'Quit making the car jump already!'"
now, that's how articles should be! IGN's just awesome... fast, well researched articles and always impartial :good:

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:07 pm

Kaine wrote:
i really love everything i've read so far...

but both articles you posted (buddytv and io9) are written in such a negative and dismissive way, this has absolutely nothing to do with journalism! i don't get it why some "scribes" still think it's oh so cool to diss Knight Rider :x
just had a proper read of both those articles, the first from buddytv.com was ok, a little negative at points but still quite fair. However the second is just a hate campaign really, it looks as though the author has a personal dislike of val kilmer and has taken that to the extreme. I think he talks about it being cheesy and full of bad dialogue in the teaser but i felt that although there may be a vein of truth in there.
It is cheesy,fun cheesy and looks like it's being geared to entertain, plus i felt did have a Knight Rider vibe to it. They also attacked the show for having pretty girls and skin on show, pretty pathetic really since you could say the same for most shows these days.
Knight Rider was and should always be a lighter slice of televison, i do find it funny that bionic woman was slated for being too dark and not followings the originals happier attitude and now NBC and GST have seemed to have taken that into some consideration yet they get nothing but flak for it.

I know alot of us here can go tantrums and such and give our fair share of negative feedback. Atleast it comes from a genuine love of the original series and a huge desire to see that brought forward to this incarnation, not from cheap desire to look and feel clever.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:03 pm

A couple of quick tidbits as I remember:

We will see a "KARR" by episode 13 (which is the approved amount of shows)

David and Gary had lunch - and while he said its a strong possibility for him to come back for the right story - they've written up to episode 8 so far without him.

KITTRINA
Recruit

Post by KITTRINA » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:41 pm

My day keeps getting better and better :good:

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:53 pm

neps wrote:A couple of quick tidbits as I remember:

We will see a "KARR" by episode 13 (which is the approved amount of shows)

David and Gary had lunch - and while he said its a strong possibility for him to come back for the right story - they've written up to episode 8 so far without him.
I'm just curious when you say approved amount of shows do you know if thats all they're allowed to make so far, after which they may get a green light and then continue on to 22-24 episode for the season or if 13 episodes is definetly the final count.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:11 pm

Right - they're doing 13 for hopes that they get green lit to 24-25 episodes. They've planned out endings at 13, the end of first season and second season in the writers room.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:16 pm

awesome

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:43 pm

Looks like I got back from part two of my vacation just in time! This is looking great so far, this is the first thread I've peeked in on. I hope that the "KARR" episode will have somewhat of an original origin written. Pretty cool stuff, thanks for keeping us updated guys!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:15 pm

neps wrote: Gary did say there will be an evil car (even referred to KARR) - mentioned that the car will jump like we love (couldn't get an answer about practical vs CGI). Will try and get to all your questions!

Neil
YAYYY!!!!! :dance: :karr:

I'm SO GLAD there'll be a KARR of sorts - hopefully THE KARR or a future rendition of him.

If it's not too late, can you ask if they will think about bringing in Peter Cullen to do KARR's (or the evil car's) voice? That would really make things come full circle for us KR fans, at least for me! :)

Tell Gary that FuzzieDice give him the thumbs up! :good:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:16 pm

I just thought of a reason why they *can't* make KITT morph into the old Trans Am.... And it's easily stated in one word...

Ford. ;)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:05 pm

I doubt Peter Cullen would be allowed to, I'm willing to bet he's locked up with Transformers and Paramount. Though I hope I'm wrong...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:46 am

I want ot thank everyone who went there and let us know what is going on with the new Knight Rider. I really appreciate those who went out of their way to keep us informed. :good: You gave us some good information. Many of you fought the crowds and traffic to be there at that panel.

I have a serious question. I'm not bashing the new series so don't take this the wrong way. For thsoe who were there, Do you believe those at the KR panel were being honest in their excitmement for the show or do you think they were just feeding you PR?

80sKnight
Recruit

Post by 80sKnight » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:08 pm

This is getting to be very good.. VERY good! :kitt:
80sKnight

:dash4:
Owner of 3rd/4th Season KITT replica

:dash:
1st/2nd Season replica IN PROGRESS!