New Knight Rider show in Entertainment Weekly

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New Knight Rider show in Entertainment Weekly

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:46 pm

The October 12, 2007 issue of Entertainment Weekly talks about NBC's new Knight Rider show.

Some important notes:
"'Our goal is to preserve the comedic adventure and fun form the show,' says (executive producer) Doug Linam."

"Asked about a possible Hasselhoff cameo, Linam teases: 'I'm interested in honoring television history in any way that I can.'"

Full size scan:
http://www.knightridermovie.com/2008/ew_10-12-07.jpg

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:33 pm

Comedic adventure and fun form, eh? Well, let's hope Doug Liman doesn't cross the line and make it too comedic. It would be nice to have people take a new Knight Rider series more seriously, because the franchise still has a chance to get more respect.
Last edited by Lost Knight on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:09 am

"Kitt will morph "Transformers" style" well that fear is put to a rest.... at least we know the thing will be a total flop now.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:03 pm

msKEN wrote:"Kitt will morph "Transformers" style" well that fear is put to a rest.... at least we know the thing will be a total flop now.
While I hope he doesn't transform literally into a robot like the transformers did, I think morphing would be a better way to switch into SPM/Convertible mode than it was in the original series. I mean, before i'm like... where the heck is KITT putting all the stuff when he converts? At least morphing would make it more believable. However, they would be treading a little into Viper's territory with the Defender's transformation style...