Off fact between Knight Rider and Team Knight rider

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Off fact between Knight Rider and Team Knight rider

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:13 am

The first series never really called Michael Knight and Kitt the Knight Rider at all yet in the second series the team was always referred to in the series as Team Knight Rider.

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:16 am

I noticed that as well. Never in the series was the term Knight Rider used (except for the small narration by Richard Basehart).

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:34 pm

ALL I CAN SAY ON THIS IS ....TOUCHE' ......ya got right...! and tis a great point...! oh, TKR is not-was Not really shown much at all in the northeast-New England Market....thankfully -tho Christine Steele is/was hot....

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:30 am

I liked the series.The producers wanted to make their own world known first then they would have brought back alot of the original series in season 2.I read on teamknightrider.com that they wanted to make Mobius the father of Kyla,which would have been cool.A possibility would have been making him Garth Knight,which would have been cooler since Kyle's dad is Garth Knight and Jenny's dad was Michael Knight.I have been through a TKR marathon and watched the series recently.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:31 pm

I always considered the phase "Knight Rider" as some sort of rank or other honorary title. Or maybe a reference phrase used for the man-and-car unit...

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:38 pm

I was very upset when TKR used "Knight Rider" to refer to themselves.

"Knight Rider" was merely the title of the show, and should have never been integrated into the show itself.

One of the early Knight Rider 2010 scripts tried to pull this off as well by classifying a police unit as "Knight Riders"

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:13 am

i never seen team Knight Rider does anyone know where you can see tkr
and i cant make a judgement on a series that i never seen. the would not right
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

remote_jup
Recruit

Post by remote_jup » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:38 pm

This and other reasons are why I always considered Team Knight Rider to be a fan fiction series that got a gigantic budget. It tried so hard to merge itself in that it missed so much of the point.

Remember when KARR said that speech was his least remarkable feature? One would be hard pressed to see anything else BUT speech coming from the TKR vehicles. Oh, sure. An air bag here. A rocket attack there. Auto pilot (Even to the point of controlling ordinary Fords...got to love that one.) faintly everywhere else. And, when you get tired of it all, smack the dash board and break their "toys". (What you learn on the internet, indeed.) Oh, how they wanted to be KR so badly. But, it's poetic justice when they visually shown that they just canned KITT at the end. For canned ANYTHING is never quite as good as the item could have been, fresh and new.
This accout is only for use at unsecured public terminals by jup.