Michael Knight's Watch

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:51 am

What brand/model of watch is that, Bo? Just in case I ever want to look for one...

Thanks,
Joe

Starship
Recruit

Post by Starship » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:05 pm

I found it! However, I don't have a digital camera, so it'll be a little while before I can post a picture. It's by Armatron. I didn't see a model number. It just says radio alarm chronograph. It wasn't expensive when I got it -- maybe around $20 or so. I had the foresight to take the battery out of it (so it wouldn't leak and ruin the watch), but I don't see anything on the watch telling me what kind of battery it takes, and I sure don't remember. So, I'll have to do some experimenting to see if I can get it working again!
I try to put a little KITT in any car I own!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

real working Knight rider com link

Post by CJaguar442 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:56 pm

for those who want to be the knight rider there is XACT Communication X3X and X2X WristLinx 2-Way Wrist Watch is $59.99 atJust telling time isn't enough for this WristLinx X2X 2-Way Wristwatch Communicator. More than just a wristwatch, it's a 2-way communicator with a range of up to 1-1/2 miles. Features voice activation, channel scan and lock to keep you connected, and call alert for urgent calls. You get 22 channels: 1-14 FRS, 15-22 GMRS. 500mWTX power output offers a stronger and clearer signal. Backlit LCD display digital clock is easy to read, even at night. Runs on 1 rechargeable battery (battery and charger included). the X3X 2 WristLinx 2-way radios, 2 XB10 rechargeable batteries, 2 battery-charging AC power adapters (XA10), 2 earbud headsets with microphones (XH10), and a user's manual.

Note: The FCC requires self-licensing for use of GMRS channels 15 to 22.

Product Description
Two Digital watches, 2-Way Radios, Up to a 1.5 mile range, 22 channels: 1-14 are FRS channels & 15-22 are GMRS channels, Vox (Voice activated), Backlit LCD Display, Call Alert, Electronic Volume control, 300 mW TX Power output, 5.2 MHz bandwidth, User replaceable rechargeable battery, AC battery charger included

http://www.amazon.com/Communication-X2X ... B00007KJYYImage

for those who want a watch just like the knight rider Michael Knight com link there is hope for you yet. there is a watch replica to the com link at 80'tees.com. it is included with the Michael Knight costume which includes: A Com link watch, a wig,and A black leather jacket (size 44 x-large) with knight rider logo on the back. the whole thing cost $45.00.http://www.80stees.com/prodimagedisplay ... 18_LG3.jpg
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:23 pm

Regarding those 'XACT' watches, they appear to have ripped off the design from the 'Freetalker' watches that I recently got on eBay. Here's a similar pair: http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-WALKIE-TALKIE- ... dZViewItem

Mine are exactly the same except for a different design on the speaker. Freetalker do several varying designs and colours.
I took mine apart and reversed the band so that the ribbed side is showing out. 1) because it's a b*stard trying to clean the dead skin out of the grooves and 2) so that it looks more like the Comlink. I'm still after a proper Comlink though.

black knight2000
Operative

Post by black knight2000 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:32 am

intresting were do i get one ?
allways loved knight rider

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:58 pm

Firstly, I have just gotten VERY excited; I ran a search on 'Armitron watches' through eBay and found a 'Transistor Radio Watch'. BUT sadly it is not the one from Knight Rider; it's close...but no cigar. Here's the URL if anyone is interested http://cgi.ebay.com/Transistor-Radio-Wa ... dZViewItem

as for my 'Freetalker' two-way radio watch, I simply ran a search on 'walkie talkie watches. However, mine specifically are Freetalker model number RD-008 (colour black). There seems to be variations of the shape on the speaker grille; mine has a sort of star shape but I'm seeing newer ones which have a cross. Anyway, I would like to personally recommend the seller I got mine from, 'extras4nz'. Not only did they graciously send out the 2 UK Travel Adaptors which they had listed in the auction but forgotten to put in with the watches, BUT when my friend and I managed to break both our antennae and I asked for replacements...they sent out two entire watches with all the parts!!!!

Starship
Recruit

Post by Starship » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:55 am

That Armitron watch looks like the one I have, but it looks like it's upside down inside the package in that picture. As for the walkie-talkie watches, I have one of those too! They sold them at WalMart for a little while, and I got one back then. In my car, I wired the alarm to an FRS walkie talkie so that I can monitor it from a distance with another FRS walkie talkie. Those walkie talkie watches use the FRS frequencies, so when I wear it, it is like having a communication link with my car!

I can't yet speak into the watch and command my car to come pick me up, but maybe someday!
I try to put a little KITT in any car I own!