how could everyone see everything through a monitor?!!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Akaihiryuu
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Akaihiryuu » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:53 pm

Some of the tech that KITT had was futuristic to the extreme...Star Trek-like. The passive laser restraint system for one...it's been speculated that was an inertial dampening system. Not to mention fixing a wrecked car with nothing more than plastic tools with blinky lights on them, in less than a day! (See Goliath).

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:42 pm

Akaihiryuu wrote:Some of the tech that KITT had was futuristic to the extreme...Star Trek-like. The passive laser restraint system for one...it's been speculated that was an inertial dampening system. Not to mention fixing a wrecked car with nothing more than plastic tools with blinky lights on them, in less than a day! (See Goliath).
well, I'm glad I'm not the only fan that notices that. Us hardcore fans pick apart the show unlike a normal person would just enjoy it. :lol: but what the hell is the passive laser restraint for, my wife said to me last night(she doesn't watch Knight Rider) "is that Kitt's seatbelt" cause in the last epiosode Kitt told michael to hit it as he needs it like a seatbelt" I'm like it's probably but like a lazer style so you can't see it lol. Cause he always hit that before SPM in season 4, so it would make sense that it's like a seat belt.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:33 pm

I like Knight Rider, but I have to admit that it seemed a lot more "realistic" when I originally saw it as a kid. Now that I'm 33 and watching the DVD's after so many years, compared to more recent shows like Stargate that actually try to be realistic to an extent (unrealistic stuff is explained away by having it be advanced alien technology that SG-1 is using but doesn't really fully understand), a lot of the stuff in Knight Rider is ridiculous. The whole molecular bonded shell is ridiculous...it's used as a plot device for violating conservation of momentum and physics in general. It's still a fun show, but it's impossible for me to suspend disbelief for a lot of it, because it's just ridiculous. It's basically the American version of James Bond...intended to be fun, not realistic.

GTiGirl
Rookie

Post by GTiGirl » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:45 am

I have watched yesterday Goliath, and that question of being no camera in Red Bluff and KITT's monitors showing whats going on, it's a little bit strange, brings the ideia that is only just fiction, and I think that wasn't the objective of the producers...
Knight Rider Portugal: http://knightriderportugal.forumeiros.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;