ARG! Nice Indecent Little Town AGAIN!

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Allen
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

ARG! Nice Indecent Little Town AGAIN!

Post by Allen » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:17 pm

With just a small handful of episodes left before the big Twilight Zone marathon ends our run of KR, Sci-Fi surprises us tonight with an encore airing of Nice, Indecent Little Town. It was just on!

I was all set to watch Merchants of Death.

Sigh.

Allen
http://www.allensedge.com

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:35 pm

when did that episode come out?

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:10 pm

Original airdate for Merchants of Death: October 16, 1983

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:08 pm

Oh, I that one on tape... Not bad, I like when the chick dresses like the older lady and pretends to Drive KITT :) Thats in Merchants of Death...

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:39 pm

No Doubt! It wouldn't even be so bad if they didn't cut the very best part of the episode out. When Jobina begs KITT to talk to her...

SH

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:39 pm

yeah. that ticks me off. i often dont get to watch the ep's the exact time they're on so i just have my dvr set to record all knight rider airings. and when i go to watch todays ep just now i get a show that iver watche all too much before.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:48 am

I'm glad I'm not watching the show anymore since they're showing ones I remember pretty well from back in the summer. Sorry to hear they got them out of order today. This reminds me of the time when they showed KNIGHT FLIGHT TO FREEDOM when they were supposed to show CIRCUS KNIGHTS. I've never seen CK all the way through, so I still wonder what happens at the end. I had to turn it off for some reason when Michael performs the stunt with KITT and the explosion occurs making him fall. But I saw it long enough to see he was okay. Sci-Fi can screw up the way they are airing them. Just like the time they reshowed RACE FOR LIFE when it was the fourth season.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:12 am

Every syndication station will eventually show them out of order, it's not that big of a deal for the most part, and it is just something you have to live with.

KI

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:33 am

well, i just hope to see knight of the juggernaut sometime soon. cuz that is most definitely the first ep of knight erider i ever saw. was probably way back when i was 5-7 years old. i remember watching it with my uncle when i was over at his house while he was babysitting me. dont remember a whole lot besides the fact i remember seeing kitt's cpu on a table. that was about it.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:22 am

knightimmortal wrote:Every syndication station will eventually show them out of order, it's not that big of a deal for the most part, and it is just something you have to live with.
Well, when WGN ran back in what was it.... 99 or 2K? They showed every episode in order in the run I taped off of, with the exception of Halloween Knight.... they showed that sometime late in October, in the middle of Season 2. I was waiting for scifi's next run to get the six eps i missed, mostly Part 1's for stuff. It sucks that I only have part two for Knight of the Drones and Knight of the Juggernaut.

-Steve

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:23 pm

What bugs me more is the cutting. Sometimes it's all right, but the one in Goliath Part II killed me.

Remember KITT fires his laser three times? First he seals in the commandos, then he tries for the weak point and misses, then he hits it. In the real version...anyway.

ON scifi they cut out the second shot, the miss. But, on the third shot micheal still says "Let's not miss this time!" But they never DID miss in Scifi's version

GRRRRRR, I WANT A SERIES DVD
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:30 am

I just re-watched my CH DVD of Goliath, and he does fire 3 times, but he never misses. 1 is for the commandos, 2 is the weak spot (Michael says, "let's not miss this one"), and 3 is to finish him off, apparently it is the missile firing mechanism which in turn burns up the entire cab.

It is a miracle that the whole ending fight scene is still left intact on syndication.

While on the subject of Goliath, I still find it odd that they use models in this scene when nothing requiring models is done. The KITT model looks horrible from the front, but the rear has a slightly higher spoiler which I think always looks cool when they use it in other episodes in addition to this one.

SH