Knight Rider Debate

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kittisawsome787
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight Rider Debate

Post by kittisawsome787 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:50 am

The Original Knight Rider is the best one in the Knight Rider Saga, change my mind. :kitt:
I am the voice of the Knight Industries Two Thousand Micro Processor, K I T T for easy reference, K.I.T.T. if you prefer.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: Knight Rider Debate

Post by jup » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:41 pm

It is very hard to debate that anything that tried to be as good as the original is worthy of conquering that hill. After all, KR 2010 was the show that never was, having been run through the legal system and only won the name's sake. KR 2000 was the revival that promised all so much. And gave a vision so altered, it's better remembered as having brought back some of the original cast. Team Knight Rider, to me, shall always be a fan fiction with a massively overblown budget. (K.I.T.T. in a Folger's can and that jacket wearing mannequin.) As for '08...it had so much promise. And their stars taking off their clothes. And distracted driving to the degree of being a cartoon. And K.A.R.R., the...errr...five second Transformer. How they all wanted to be worthy successors to the original. And all ignored any other sequel attempts. Perhaps, a new movie will still show up, some day. Could still work, now that the world has pretty much caught up with the original vision.

And, I'm serious. I'm seeing computers creating interactive plots, (AI Dungeon) devices that can vocally interact, (Alexa and such) cars that drive themselves, (Tesla) GPS for road navigation...even these Carbon Nanotubes could darn well be a real world version to the MBS. So, what's a series about a crime fighting car got that real life isn't a heart beat away from making? Make it a light hearted buddy cop series, perhaps? That doesn't make it an instant and worthy sequel to the original.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:52 pm

I LOVE All The Knight Rider Shows and TV Movies. But I give an edge to KNIGHT RIDER:TOS. There are so Many links Between KNIGHT RIDER:TOS and STAR TREK:THE NEXT GENERATION and STAR TREK:DEEP SPACE NINE(In the Forms of Nana Visitor, Marc Alaimo, and Robert O'Reilly, and that Patricia McPherson and Peter Parros were on STAR TREK:TNG. Two Incredible Legacies-KNIGHT RIDER(Created by Glen A. Larson) and STAR TREK(Created by Gene Roddenberry). Data from STAR TREK:TNG and K.I.T.T. from KNIGHT RIDER:TOS in a Commercial from GE was cool too.

kittisawsome787
Rookie

Post by kittisawsome787 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:54 am

Here is the thing, the original Knight Rider lasted the longest and is the most successful out of all of the Knight Rider Saga.
I am the voice of the Knight Industries Two Thousand Micro Processor, K I T T for easy reference, K.I.T.T. if you prefer.