OT-Remembering 9/11

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

OT-Remembering 9/11

Post by kitt34 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:39 am

As many of you KR fans know, today is 9/11 a moment we never forget, 19 years of my life felt me in a very depressed way, i was at miami subs at that time and i still couldn't work at all, just watched as the twin towers went down and it hurts me to this day, i will never forget that day and never will.

WhiteBird
Rookie

Re: OT-Remembering 9/11

Post by WhiteBird » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:14 pm

I'm with you. I was on my way to class for my first year of college and I heard about it on the radio in my car. then I watched it on tv when I got to campus and they had TVs set up everywhere for everyone to watch. the gas station across the street from the college was trying to charge $3.50 per gallon and later got in trouble for that. it was totally nuts. I will always remember it to.
White Bird

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:41 pm

I was attending my first few days in college. First day of a new class Survey of PC Applications. Student walked in late with headphones on said he just heard the first tower went down. Hours later, class was interrupted by a admin saying the second tower just went down. Class was dismissed. Living in Brooklyn, very close to New York, ashes must have swept over in the air on my walk home because I could smell them fro blocks. Parents were actually in Manhattan and couldn't be reached. Was so relieved when they came home that night.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krkitt1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:24 am

I will never forget. My wife was supposed to be there in tower 2 that day. She started at AON on September 10th, she was supposed to fly out on the 9th to NY for training but on Friday they called her to inform her that since they hired a few more people that they were bringing the trainer here to Chicago. They lost 176 people in tower 2. My wife’s department ended up being sold to Ebix and my wife handled the certificate tracking of the rebuilding of the new tower and port authority. Every year she would go out to NY to train people and see the progress. She got to know a lot of people that made it out and they would tell her about that horrible day. Every year she starts having problems around the 11th knowing she could have died that day. We will never forget!

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:20 pm

As we approach the 20th Anniversary of 9/11, The Best Thing we can do is to Never Forget, Help those who are still affected by it, and Pray to GOD that this never happens again,