Knight Rider (The Original Series) in Chronological order

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider (The Original Series) in Chronological order

Post by james olden » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:38 am

Although it’s almost impossible to do this but If we could put all of the original series in Chronological order how would put it all the way from season 1-4
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: Knight Rider (The Original Series) in Chronological order

Post by jup » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:42 am

There is a lot of challenge to that, for sure.

First and foremost, acquiring the list of air dates will lay down the foundation. But...NBC was known to shuffle around episodes to try and draw in audience numbers.

Maybe there is a hint if a 'new tech of the day' gets repeated uses. But they usually don't. And major changes narrow down episodes to it's particular season.

Doesn't help that even the production crew might mix and match dashes and features.

My conclusion: Past having four years of complete TV Guide sets to work with or some hints available on web sites, (such as KRO) I've no idea how to accurately help on such a project. Maybe the DVD sets have the right order. Or, maybe not. If Season four DVD set ends with Voo Doo Knight, then it's definitely not helpful.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:51 pm

Are we talking about production order????

The DVDs and pretty much any episode guides out there are listed in order of airdate, but it's common knowledge that Inside Out was the first episode filmed after the Pilot (aka Knight of the Phoenix).

It's also known that the third season premiere, Knight of the Drones, was the third or fourth episode filmed, however it was completely intended to be the third season opener, it was just filmed later for production convenience.

Since Knight Rider is not a show with story arcs - the airdate order is pretty much a solid source for "chronological." The only time this got messed up was in the first season, but it was minimal and barely noticeable.

vnisanian2001
Volunteer

Post by vnisanian2001 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:34 pm

Don't forget the fact that "Chariot of Gold" was supposed to come before "A Nice, Indecent Little Town"

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:47 pm

I'm not sure how you could do it,

kittisawsome787
Rookie

Post by kittisawsome787 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:00 pm

vnisanian2001 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:34 pm
Don't forget the fact that "Chariot of Gold" was supposed to come before "A Nice, Indecent Little Town"
Wow, I didn't know that! Go Figure!
I am the voice of the Knight Industries Two Thousand Micro Processor, K I T T for easy reference, K.I.T.T. if you prefer.