Nitpicks

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Micaela Knight
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Nitpicks

Post by Micaela Knight » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Has anyone else spotted any nitpicks or inconsistencies in the show? Either within episodes or within the show as a whole. Here's one that's always bothered me.

In Blind Spot, when Julie is behind the wheel (KITT, of course, is actually driving), a cop spots them and gets on his radio, saying, "You're not gonna believe this! I just saw a blind woman driving a car!" and then takes off after them.

Now, how the heck could he have known she was blind? It couldn't have been because she had her dog in the car... a lot of sighted people take their dogs with them in their cars.
I wouldn't touch that one with a ten-foot drive shaft!
Please remove the staple from my fender.

Life should be about love, about being happy.- David Hasselhoff

jeremy223
Rookie

Re: Nitpicks

Post by jeremy223 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:01 am

The cop held open a door for Julie and her dog earlier in the episode. He remembered her from that encounter. Its possible that scene is cut on the syndicated tv airings, but it is on dvd and netflix.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:34 am

After reading your nitpicks post I felt compelled to go through my cabinets and find the binder out of 8 I kept from library printouts of everything related to kr that I could find in the late 90's.I went through interviews with David,History of kr and tkr,producers notes.Joe Huth's function guide and his shadowy flight book,stuntwork and special effects sections and finally came to the nitpicking section.Someone took the time to type this up and show it to the world so I feel I might as well pass it on to someone else seeking the info.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:48 am

In the first pane of your post, the writer has inaccurate information regarding KARR's fall off of the cliff. It is true they used canned footage from another movie, but it wasn't from "Christine." It was the 1977 movie, "The Car."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075809/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I watched "Not A Drop To Drink" for years before I realized they were using canned footage from "Superman: The Movie" in the scene where KITT is damming the river.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:32 am

I knew watching that episode from the columbia House tapes that a different shot must have been put in because it didn't have the trans am pointy nose.Years later,I bought the Christine movie and never saw that scene used in Trust Doesn't Rust.I saw The Car on netflix and not only did they use that scene from the movie but they probably took the yellow leds idea from its tinted windsheild too.