ki2t vs karr

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

ki2t vs karr

Post by james olden » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:44 pm

you all remember KITT VS KARR,ki2t and karr turbo boosting towards each other,and ki2t and karr racing towards each other on TRUST DOESNT RUST. on KITT VS KARR what if karr laser didnt bounce back to him which he wouldve still been invonerable, ki2t and karr turboo boost into a collision what wouldve happen??? and on TRUST DOESNT RUST what if karr wouldve kept on driving stait towards ki2t and never chicken out?????? do you think michael and ki2t wouldve destroyed karr, wouldnt michael been killed while ki2t and karr destroyed karr, or would karr win??????????
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: ki2t vs karr

Post by Matthew » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:10 pm

Generally speaking, if the speed and point of impact were exactly the same, then a head-on collision between two identical vehicles would result in an equal amount of destruction. When adding the MBS to the outer body, we could reasonably expect the levels of destruction to increase. This is due to the increased amount of energy that would be generated by the strength of the Knight 2000 shells.

It’s important to note that the points of impact in KITT vs. KARR weren’t identical though. Whilst the episode suggests that the reflected laser beam was solely responsible for KARR’s destruction, it’s possible that the point of impact beneath KARR’s nose also played its part.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:16 pm

yes thats what i said that the reflectors were responsible for the origional karrs destruction but are you sayin that if michael didnt pick them up then maybee they both wouldve been destroyed in air on the turbo boost impact ??
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:35 pm

That’s certainly the most likely scenario, James. The levels of destruction would be different for each car though due to KITT’s nose hitting KARR’s under body. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

DMC4EVER
Volunteer

Post by DMC4EVER » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:53 am

The magic of the movie:P

When KARR is driving to KITT just before the Turbo Boost you can see that his scanner is going wrong. Its going from left -> right left -> right. And not even uses it all the leds. So I thing that the laser beam did had impact on him. He where also stored for some years. And he where buried under the sand, so the sea water might have dis increased his MBS stranged.

But then what about that KITT also got hit be an laser beam? It whas on KITT Hood, so KARR needed to jump onto KITT, it would take at least some realy good driving and Turbo Boosting.

I thing that KARR's MSB got weaker trough the years in storage and under the sand.

trav. knight
Recruit

Post by trav. knight » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:54 pm

i agree. in the original planed script; karr was suposed to have smoke pouring out of his engine area...
I think the scanner going nuts was a brilient way of showing that karr was not going to stop that easily...
1 man/ 1 car/ 1 diffrence....

1 man can make a diffrence,but you must decide to...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:54 pm

I liked the allusion to this scenario in "Trust Doesn't Rust" where K.I.T.T. asks, "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?" with the answer being that no one knows.

But despite the "K.I.T.T. Vs. K.A.R.R." episode suggesting that the laser zapping K.A.R.R.'s scanner was what weakened him on impact, I'm not sure that alone would have any effect on K.A.R.R.'s Molecular Bonded Shell had he hit K.I.T.T. nose to nose. As far as I'm concerned, the laser blast to K.A.R.R. really only blew out some of his circuitry (including his scanner, of course), but his MBS was still intact. If his MBS was indeed weaker, however, I'd say it's far more likely from being soaked in sand and salt water during the 2 years at the beach where his scanner lens was bleached yellow.

I would agree with Matthew on all points and that the impact was underneath K.A.R.R.'s shell.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: