Sometimes I get made fun off for watching KR but...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Sometimes I get made fun off for watching KR but...

Post by Skav » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:18 pm

I've been watching the first 3 seasons of the A-team and even though it's been a while since I've seen season 4 and 5, I have noticed that Knight Rider was actually more violent. In one episode, Deadly Knightshade, you see a person getting stabbed and in another, a season 1 episode which I think was 'Topaz Connection' you see two bodies all bloodied up lying in bed. Then there was the shooting of Michael Long.

Knight Rider was considerably more darker than the A-team yet people make fun of it these days.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Sometimes I get made fun off for watching KR but...

Post by krrdr2010 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:27 pm

I don't think Knight Rider was darker than the A-Team. In fact, I think that Both, compared to Today's shows, was actually kind of tame. As for people making fun of you, Ignore them. The fact that KR Popularity is GLOBAL and The Entire KR Legacy is FAR SUPERIOR to today's Dreck as well as the fact that KR will be around LONG After the Crud they probably watch is Long Cancelled, Long Gone, and Long, Long, Long FORGOTTEN!!! :good:

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Kitt_24 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:57 pm

I get made fun of watching the old and the new knight rider shows and i get made fun of my 92 firebird KITT
replica i am making. :?

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Skav » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:45 am

krrdr2010 wrote:I don't think Knight Rider was darker than the A-Team. In fact, I think that Both, compared to Today's shows, was actually kind of tame. As for people making fun of you, Ignore them. The fact that KR Popularity is GLOBAL and The Entire KR Legacy is FAR SUPERIOR to today's Dreck as well as the fact that KR will be around LONG After the Crud they probably watch is Long Cancelled, Long Gone, and Long, Long, Long FORGOTTEN!!! :good:
Thanks krrdr2010, it's mostly just family who tease me about it. It's nothing serious. My dad has done it to me in the past and he was absolutely shocked that they are holding conventions for this show, like the one in Vegas that I am going to. I think he has just realised how big it still is. :D

But about the dark tone, they are both tame, you are right, but I think the KR pilot has a dark tone to it and is one of, if not the most serious of all the episodes. I don't recall a dark episode of the A-team, perhaps the one in the 5th season where Face is shot could come quite close.

kitt_24, never stop following your dream. People will try and pull you back and prevent you from doing it but stick at it. It looks like it's coming along nicely. :wink:
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;