4.20 - Knight of the Rising Sun

This forum contains discussions about the locations used for the 1982 series.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro, Joe Huth

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

4.20 - Knight of the Rising Sun

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:13 am

Welcome to the Knight of the Rising Sun locations thread!
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: 4.20 - Knight of the Rising Sun

Post by simon_a6 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:54 am

I think we all know where the father's business is, because of the entrance - but is the main part of that location the same? Where MK is on top of the lift?

And where is that scene where the fight is with MK and RC when the boy turns up "I only want to perfect my throwing"?

It might be just a set at Universal.

kr2000guy
Stranger

Post by kr2000guy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:58 pm

The place where Michael and RC fight at the chinese temple is located at 3441 Waverly Drive at the corner of W Los Feliz Park and Waverly Drive in Los Angeles.

Here you can see the street where KITT comes driving up after Michael calls to him from his Comlink and he comes driving around the corner and up Waverly Street, then enters the gated driveway to what is actually a place called Timothy Manning House of Prayer for Priests. If you look at the house on the other side of the street from the entrance to Timothy Manning, you can see it hasn't changed much.

kr2000guy
Stranger

Post by kr2000guy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:05 pm

If you play your DVD at 33:09, you can see KITT coming out from Surry St N and turning onto Waverly Drive, then driving up and drifting around into the entrance of Timothy Manning on West Los Feliz Park. Unfortunately Google Maps doesn't let you drive up that road for some reason.