4.01 - Knight of the Juggernaut

This forum contains discussions about the locations used for the 1982 series.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro, Joe Huth

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

4.01 - Knight of the Juggernaut

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:46 am

Welcome to the Knight of the Juggernaut locations thread!
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

iGav
Rookie

Re: 4.01 - Knight of the Juggernaut

Post by iGav » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:46 am

Unlike much of this episode that was filmed on location in Chicago, the scenes where we see KITT being sprayed with the destabilising agent, and shortly after his near destruction were filmed in Los Angeles.

The bridge where KITT was sprayed with the destabilising agent looks much the same as how it did in 1985 and was filmed at 481 South Santa Fe Avenue, LA.

However the warehouse buildings where KITT is ambushed and nearly destroyed by the Juggernaut no longer exist, presumably being torn down in the late 1980's/early 1990's and were replaced by car parking spaces and a rail terminal, and were located at approximately 394 South Santa Fe Avenue, LA.

(Black rectangle represents rough location of KITT after the attack in picture 9).

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:32 pm

I used to drive in LA alot in the truck and probably drove by a lot of these locations many times, and didn't even know it!

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Wed May 30, 2012 2:17 am

I'll be heading to Chicago for a few days to attend a work conference at the end of June so I'll have to see if I can hunt down some of the locations used in the filming while I'm there and take pictures. Never been to the windy city before, so I'm looking forward to it. :-)
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed May 30, 2012 9:43 am

Awesome, Chicago is an interesting town - lots of levels to it that you can get lost walking around in (which I find fun)!

Joe helped me out on my first trip to Chicago with a screen shot gallery that I walked around the city trying to match up - I put together a gallery at the time of my findings - check it out, would be interesting to see how much has changed and is there any shots we haven't found yet:

http://knightrideronline.com/locations/chicago/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

While you are there, go have dinner or breakfast (or just walk in) to a place called the Pump Room - they have alot of famous celebs on the wall including a pic of David, Edward and Pamela Susan Shoop dining during the shooting. http://www.pumproom.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

82_KITT
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by 82_KITT » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:21 pm

I have begun adding Chicago locations to the newly created Replica Map here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also adding what I can from Knight Song depending on what I can identify. Definitely fun to bring up Google or Bing and find some of these!