2.04 - Blind Spot

This forum contains discussions about the locations used for the 1982 series.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro, Joe Huth

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

2.04 - Blind Spot

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Welcome to the Blind Spot locations thread!

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

Tbird100636
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: 2.04 - Blind Spot

Post by Tbird100636 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:01 am

I'll start off this discussion on Blind Spot. The junkyard location wasn't just used in KR. The same junkyard was used in other TV shows and movies. In the Incredible Hulk 1st season episode "Of Guilt, Models and Murder" David goes to a junkyard to get info from a guy and he's ambushed by Loni Anderson's character and her henchman. It's the same junkyard, with the white steel craneway and bascule style car crusher. All they did was re-arrange the yard some. In the movie "The Driver" Ryan O'Neil dumps the Ford sedan in the middle of the yard using the craneway. Only thing not visible is the car crusher. In the opening scene of "Corvette Summer" they are in a junkyard looking for the school project. Same white craneway, same bascule style car crusher. Now we just have to find it. Maybe Universal owned the yard??? BUT... Corvette Summer was made by MGM, and The Driver was Fox... could it have been privately owned and rented to each movie studio???

Tbird100636
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: 2.04 - Blind Spot

Post by Tbird100636 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Oh wait, found it in the original locations thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1060&t=11725&start=125#p137963" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have scaled it down a bit, the craneways are gone and I don't see the old crusher.