Knight Rider New vs. Old lets cut the c$#p

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Ontario Knight
Operative

Knight Rider New vs. Old lets cut the c$#p

Post by Ontario Knight » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:32 pm

OK for months now we have been talking about how the new series is not like the old and that we on these forums some have been bashing the new series and how horrible it is...

Well lets drop it....

First of all for the series being cancelled sure we worry about it but hey if it happens it happens and lets enjoy the show while it lasts, and if it continues well that is awesome..

Second the car itself...

Forget that KARR would have been better coming back as a T/A or any such C%*p, look the point is that this new series brings a "new dimention" to the mythology and I personally am embracing it..We aren't 25 years younger and shouldn't have a show that has a 25 year old storyline, "things evolve" and so should KR...

Thirdly the mythology...

OK yes since I have been on this forum we have discussed that the new creators haven't touched the mythology like we thought they would...

Give it a chance...

They know what they are doing, I am certain that Glen Larson as we know is still an Executive Producer, however someone wrote that its just for curtiousy, that he created TOS and is mentioned in the new series. I don't believe that, he has a creative hand in all of this and wouldn't let the series slip, as he still has invested interest in the franchise as he would like to make a movie, a bomb for this series would certainly kill the motion picture plans...

So there is lots of smack talk and we are all entitled however if you wanna bash, and you know who you are, then I think you aren't true fans and should take your negativity elsewhere, like The Biggest Loser fan forum, if there is one.....

:kittconv:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider New vs. Old lets cut the c$#p

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:10 pm

Glen Larson has absolutely nothing to do with the new series, he has no say in the direction or what happens to it, his Executive Producer credit is just window dressing so he gets paid, it's a part of his contracts. Do you think he had any involvement with Battlestar Galactica when it went to series? You can refuse to believe it or not, I don't care but it's a fact. Glen A. Larson has absolutely nothing to do with this series just like he had nothing to do with the pilot and even had was either suing or on the verge of suing NBC because of how they apparently violated the contract he has with them before it was settled.

As for the powers that be knowing what they're doing, they haven't shown that they do yet, that is evident from the first nine episodes. Only a minority here are asking, well demanding a show with a "25 year old storyline", that's completely missing the point of what a lot of the more level headed people have been wanting. It's not about Hasselhoff coming back, William Daniels/Original KITT in a TA coming back, the Semi coming back, the proper Knight logo being used or the idiots complaining about KARR of all things not being a Trans-Am. It's about taking what made the original series work and expanding/improving upon it WHILE embracing the mythology of the original in this supposed continuation, not throwing a small bone here or there to TOS fans with a meaningless reference, changing or flat out ignoring that history in places where there's a clear opening for it. It's also about cutting down on the intended cheese/stupidity and pointless T&A and sexuality that turns off a lot of people, especially parents of young kids and the whole family viewing thing. It doesn't mean that every other episode has to be knee deep in that mythology nor does it need to be exploited on a semi-regular basis, once or twice a season, if even that would be more than enough. The original series was a product of its time, this show so far hasn't been.

I think with seeing how poorly the first nine episodes came out as well as some plans that were already in place and intended brought them to where the "retooling" is taking us, at least in how it's being "promoted". I never expected the characters of Carrie Ravai or Alex Torres (or Zoe for that matter) to make it out of the first 13 episodes, I didn't expect the "big brother" or "terrorist of the week" angle to make it past the initial 13 and I also doubt they intended on it going beyond that either. They seem to have addressed some of the problems that were there, hopefully they finally "get it", I certainly want them to succeed and make it to a second season and beyond but with the way the first few episodes were, it clearly wouldn't make it if they kept going in that direction.

Now it's up to NBC to properly promote the show and bring back the 2+ million viewers (1+ million of those in the key demographic) that were lost from the Obama bump but bring back the 3-5 million other viewers that watched the pilot but haven't bothered to tune in for the series..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:30 pm

I couldn't have said it better myself, PHOENIXZERO

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:02 pm

This is exactly what I say PHEONIXZERO. Me and you have always stated what needs to be done on here and the Knight Writers site. I really hope the producers realize this CONTINUATION and give us the deets on things that happened in the last 25 years and hopefully if DH returns to give us a sick multiple story arc!

Joe

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:34 am

I hope they keep KARR canon! Or it will spoil the series.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:39 am

As for the powers that be knowing what they're doing, they haven't shown that they do yet, that is evident from the first nine episodes. Only a minority here are asking, well demanding a show with a "25 year old storyline", that's completely missing the point of what a lot of the more level headed people have been wanting. It's not about Hasselhoff coming back, William Daniels/Original KITT in a TA coming back, the Semi coming back, the proper Knight logo being used or the idiots complaining about KARR of all things not being a Trans-Am. It's about taking what made the original series work and expanding/improving upon it WHILE embracing the mythology of the original in this supposed continuation, not throwing a small bone here or there to TOS fans with a meaningless reference, changing or flat out ignoring that history in places where there's a clear opening for it. It's also about cutting down on the intended cheese/stupidity and pointless T&A and sexuality that turns off a lot of people, especially parents of young kids and the whole family viewing thing. It doesn't mean that every other episode has to be knee deep in that mythology nor does it need to be exploited on a semi-regular basis, once or twice a season, if even that would be more than enough. The original series was a product of its time, this show so far hasn't been.
To be asking for a trans-am is really plain stupidity. They're not even in production anymore, duuh! The Mustang is a lot different from the Pontiac but its FINE! Doesn't make any difference to the quality of the series as far as I'm concerned. What I want is better actors, plots and absolutely NO CGI! It bores the crap of the viewers and don't get me wrong cause some people still enjoy the series, majority however does not as it turns out.
David Hasselhoff is getting older and so am I, still it doesn't have to mean they have to bring a boy scout to replace him. If they don't want Hasselhoff running around in a leather jacket atleast find someone similar to him in terms of acting and what not. Not even the background characters are good for all I know. It seems as if they've done the series with money from their back pocket!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:49 am

KnightINSTINCT wrote:I couldn't have said it better myself, PHOENIXZERO
AGREED!

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:31 pm

Man I had a dream last night that they used the whole "da=da-da da, da=da-da da, da da=da=da da da!" It was right during when a police squad realized they were out of their league on stopping KARR, and all of a sudden, we see KITT in Attack Mode racing from far away, blazing past everyone.

Oh, and I heard Val Kilmer's voice sound nice and tweaked with voice effects, just like they produced it in this clip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jUhDJBcHM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Am I the only one who wants his voice to sound robotic???

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:38 pm

Yeah, I remember that and it still gets me that they DON'T add something to his voice to liven it up a bit.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:59 pm

I they should have a stu phillips sit in and score a episode or two. I think that would bring a different vibe to what were seeing.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline